IGNORED

Camper vs Glamper

TEWKS

2 weeks back I was fortunate to attend the ADV gathering in Enterprise Oregon. That usually means 1000 miles of dirt roads by the time we make the full loop.

I have attended the Hells Canyon ADV ride before but This time we left out tents and sleeping bags at home. Hotel the first night in Whitebird Idaho. The next 3 nights in a huge sheepherders tent with beds and pillows :) set up for us in Enterprise Oregon .

The Log Cabin campground in Enterprise Oregon is my first glamp.The owners Brian and Margret will sure get my business next year ..

Not having to lug that crap around on my Dr650 made for serious fun in the gravel.

Dave McReynolds

We caught the bug several years ago when I retired. Prior to that, our definition of glamping was to carry a 3/4 length Thermarest pad rather than a 1/2. At first, it seemed decadent to have a shell over the back of my pickup to sleep in. After a while, though, we got tired of having to improvise a place to cook out of the rain, sometimes having to sleep next to a wet muddy dog, and that long step out the back of the pickup when nature called in the middle of the night that was a drag for Nancy. So we upgraded to an Airstream, which we have been enjoying for the last year or so. Now that is glamping; leaves both guys in the video in the dust.

Unless you're in a $1.5 million Prevost, of course.

I'm with you Dave...the wife loves our Airstream. This trip has been Sante Fe, Durango, Moab, North Rim, Ft Bragg CA (the State Park north, which is phenomenal) and now Bend with the Olympic Penisula, Glacier and Beartooth on the horizon. Course the parts I haven't already done tent camping off an RT will have to be repeated to claim I've really done them. Somehow this feels like I'm cheating...and can't collect a single dang sticker!

Check your Prevost prices Dave...many are far north of that figure.

We like our fifth wheel trailer...bathroom, queen bed, fridge, satellite TV & radio, all the comforts of home. I did enough tent camping in my younger days...I'm too old for that stuff now.

We have just bought this:

DSC_0478-L.jpg

A two-berth Merc camper. Cheap and cheerful with the workhorse Mercedes 2.8 litre diesel engine. Good for 25 Mpg imperial, 20mpg US.

I can still get down onto a bed-roll, getting up again is another story....

Andy

DSC_0478-L.jpg

A two-berth Merc camper. Cheap and cheerful with the workhorse Mercedes 2.8 litre diesel engine. Good for 25 Mpg imperial, 20mpg US.

Andy

Very smart......and there was I thinking you were building an en suite extension for when I visit.........

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve

DSC_0478-L.jpg

Andy

Very smart......and there was I thinking you were building an en suite extension for when I visit.........

Steve

One of the reasons for us buying it is for when we are building the extension. The new extension requires demolishing the existing one containg the kitchen and bathroom. This will be our temporary home whilst the work goes on.

Andy

DSC_0478-L.jpg

Andy

Steve

One of the reasons for us buying it is for when we are building the extension. The new extension requires demolishing the existing one containg the kitchen and bathroom. This will be our temporary home whilst the work goes on.

Andy

Andy,

It does look very tidy - what mileage has it done?

Fella over the road from me has just got rid of a 96 plate Sprinter van (diesel) that had 480k on the clock - he'd done 300k in it and apart from servicing had only had to replace the clutch (once) and the alternator!!

Steve

All I get on YT is "Let's make this Consensual".

I think what happened was I copied the link at the end of the vid which made for some work if ya wanted to see it. Someday um gonna get this stuff right. :dopeslap:

This one may or may not work better.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=camper+vs+Glamper

And I did see "Let's make this Consensual" very funny but definitely PG13. :grin:

Pat

It's not the equipment, it's the people. I've camped next to obnoxiously loud tent campers on one side and a 40' Class A motorhome that you would hardly know was occupied on the other, and vice versa.

It's not the equipment, it's the people. I've camped next to obnoxiously loud tent campers on one side and a 40' Class A motorhome that you would hardly know was occupied on the other, and vice versa.

Which is why I go camping in the middle of no where, in the middle of the week, in the middle of the school year, in the middle of winter..

Dave_zoom_zoom

Which is why I go camping in the middle of no where, in the middle of the week, in the middle of the school year, in the middle of winter..

In the middle of winter! WOW Bob,you really are a COOL guy! :thumbsup:

Dave

Archived