IGNORED

Factory shop manual

RA John

Hi Guys--

I can't open the factory shop manual I purchased when I bought the RT. After inserting the disk, a prompt asks you to enter the bike's VIN. I've used the full VIN and the last six and seven digits (as suggested by the dealer) several times without any luck. A pop-up note says that the VIN is not recognized. Have any of you had any luck opening a factory shop manual?

Thanks,

--John

Mine just asked for the reference number on the inside of the CD. It then registered itself with the mothership. But It would not copy the files onto the hard disk even though it said it had completed copying, go figure?

Hi Guys--

I can't open the factory shop manual I purchased when I bought the RT. After inserting the disk, a prompt asks you to enter the bike's VIN. I've used the full VIN and the last six and seven digits (as suggested by the dealer) several times without any luck. A pop-up note says that the VIN is not recognized. Have any of you had any luck opening a factory shop manual?

Thanks,

I can't get the darn thing to open either! I have tried everything I know how to do. I will

Watch what you guys have to say. GT

--John

TJRL--

Thanks for the tip, I entered the manual serial number (found on the inside cover of the disk holder) and it was accepted. I was also able to update the manual and load it to my hard-drive. gordiet, give the manual serial number a try, it worked for me.

--John

Archived