Sneak Peak at the 2016 UnRally

EffBee

We posted here that if anyone was planning to submit a proposal for the UnRally, we needed to hear from you. We heard from no one, so we presumed it would be OK to proceed with the one proposal we had.

That proposal bumped into a few hurdles, but the organizers, using their deft negotiating skills, have smoothed the way. I got the word the other day that the location had cooperated with some of our requests, and that the event was greenlighted and ready to go, if we approved. We've approved.

However, one thing will be different this coming year.

We're going to announce the location and dates VERY early. Like in the next few weeks. In fact, they may be announced at this year's UnRally. This will dramatically help those who have to pre-book vacation time with their employers, sometimes up to a year in advance.

As for the location itself, bring your hiking boots, your fishing poles, your swim suits and your cameras. The lodging will be cozy, it should be 100% ours (i.e. we should fill the whole place), and the in-house dining is supposed to be more than just a cut above, although there are other places in town to eat as well.

I don't want to give away more than that right now. Soon we'll introduce the organizers for 2016, and they will tell you all about it.

I'm not sure what bothers me more, that only one proposal was submitted or that you've teased us with partial news and will keep us in suspense for a couple of weeks. :(

I'm not sure what bothers me more, that only one proposal was submitted or that you've teased us with partial news and will keep us in suspense for a couple of weeks. :(

I'm just flattered that I bothered you. :grin:

Actually, if you look at the timing of the announcement for this year's UnXIV in WI, sometime in July is just about right in terms of announcing a general location (state) for the following year's event. The big change is the fact that the dates and the specific location will be announced earlier than usual.

AND. . . .

. . . it's possible that registration will open a lot sooner as well.

Specifics TBA in just a few weeks.

I'm not sure what bothers me more, that only one proposal was submitted ...

Not

Saying

Nothing...

Not

Saying

Nothing...

Interesting reply that I hope others read. To those members of the forum who've never considered attending an Unrally, let me be the first to tell you that you have no idea what you're missing. You need only go to the Un archives and read the posts and look at the photos to get an understanding of what this site is all about and to meet up with some of the nicest people in the USA.

A few years back I had the opportunity to put together the Salida event. I could not have done it without the tremendous support I had from others here as well as one person very close to me. It was one of most rewarding experiences I'd ever had plus it gave me great satisfaction to give back to a group of folks and on-line community who'd given me so much for many years.

I encourage you to participate, attend a regional event, tech day, etc., and get involved. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

szurszewski

Not

Saying

Nothing...

So....you're gonna say something?

Nah, Matt's an introvert. Bites his tongue too much. We're always guessing as to how he feels. :grin:

In reply to the preview news, good on the proposers for stepping up which makes the selection process that much easier. This BMWXT party is now as old as a recalcitrant teenager, so it's got to be tough to keep things fresh and get people involved. Leading is work, so those who continue to put effort into events have their places in moto-heaven secured.

I'm keenly watching and I hope many others are too. Life has been getting in the way for me for - as BamaRider would put it - "an Epic Journey", but I suspect many of us are overdue and the clouds are clearing. 70+ attendees from all over tarnation going to this year's UnRally indicates that might be the case. Of course, many are just curious to see if Mike Boomgarden really exists, so it might just be that...

Nah, Matt's an introvert. Bites his tongue too much. We're always guessing as to how he feels. :grin:

In reply to the preview news, good on the proposers for stepping up which makes the selection process that much easier. This BMWXT party is now as old as a recalcitrant teenager, so it's got to be tough to keep things fresh and get people involved. Leading is work, so those who continue to put effort into events have their places in moto-heaven secured.

I'm keenly watching and I hope many others are too. Life has been getting in the way for me for - as BamaRider would put it - "an Epic Journey", but I suspect many of us are overdue and the clouds are clearing. 60+ attendees from all over tarnation going to this year's UnRally indicates that might be the case. Of course, many are just curious to see if Mike Boomgarden really exists, so it might just be that...

I get email from someone claiming to be Mike, but you can never tell on the internet, might just be catfishing. :grin:

I'm keenly watching and I hope many others are too. Life has been getting in the way for me for - as BamaRider would put it - "an Epic Journey", but I suspect many of us are overdue and the clouds are clearing. 60+ attendees from all over tarnation going to this year's UnRally indicates that might be the case. Of course, many are just curious to see if Mike Boomgarden really exists, so it might just be that...

I get email from someone claiming to be Mike, but you can never tell on the internet, might just be catfishing. :grin:

I actually met a guy named Mike Boomgarden once, in Gunnison. But all he got me to do was help bump start his BMW in the middle of the night. Then a couple of days later, he was gone. As if swallowed up by some great federal bureaucracy. (insert Twilight Zone theme: Doo-DOO-Doo-doo, Doo-DOO-Doo-doo)

Lone_RT_rider

We're going to announce the location and dates VERY early. Like in the next few weeks. In fact, they may be announced at this year's UnRally.

Correct me if I'm off track with this, but I believe that's the way it used to be done. I think we have veered from this in the past few UN's.

Shawn

I encourage you to participate, attend a regional event, tech day, etc., and get involved. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

Amen! I am thankful for those that step up and plan these great events and will try to make as many of them as I possible can.

Looking forward to the announcement.

We're going to announce the location and dates VERY early. Like in the next few weeks. In fact, they may be announced at this year's UnRally.

Correct me if I'm off track with this, but I believe that's the way it used to be done. I think we have veered from this in the past few UN's.

Shawn

:thumbsup:

Awe, come on..... it's been a week. Time to divulge all and get us hooked. I'm even going to see if I can talk Jennifer into coming :)

Awe, come on..... it's been a week. Time to divulge all and get us hooked. I'm even going to see if I can talk Jennifer into coming :)

/\

What she said. :wave:

Not

Saying

Nothing...

I'll say something!

As the co-organizer of the Unrally IX at Topaz Lake, I can tell you that we will continue to see fewer proposals if you expect all negotiations to be buttoned up and presented at an Unrally for the next year's event. Few resorts or hoteliers are able to negotiate rates for a facility more than a year in advance (with some possible exceptions, I'm sure). The old process of announcing the venue after the UnRally, I believe, makes it more practical to get several proposals presented, if that's the goal. It's never hurt the attendance in the past (as far as planning vacation schedules, etc.)

All that said, one proposal is sure better than no proposals! Looking forward to the final details. :thumbsup:

Not

Saying

Nothing...

I'll say something!

As the co-organizer of the Unrally IX at Topaz Lake, I can tell you that we will continue to see fewer proposals if you expect all negotiations to be buttoned up and presented at an Unrally for the next year's event. Few resorts or hoteliers are able to negotiate rates for a facility more than a year in advance (with some possible exceptions, I'm sure). The old process of announcing the venue after the UnRally, I believe, makes it more practical to get several proposals presented, if that's the goal. It's never hurt the attendance in the past (as far as planning vacation schedules, etc.)

All that said, one proposal is sure better than no proposals! Looking forward to the final details. :thumbsup:

Regardless of when it is announced, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable event with great roads to ride and even better weather! :thumbsup:

And perhaps, if the event is named "There Will Be Sheep", we may even see a certain un-named individual appear! :rofl:

I heard a rumor that there might be sheep. :):lurk:
The next Un is in Scotland? :)

New Zealand ?

sheep-in-new-zealand-21728040.jpg

Yeah !

• 2 weeks later...

We've posted that the 2016 UnRally was going to be announced early. And it will be. The hope is to have the basic information posted in this forum by sometime on Monday, 7/13/15. Therefore, this preliminary discussion thread no longer serves a purpose and is being closed.

Archived