IGNORED

Humor note Snowboarding and BMW RTs

foundationapps

foundationapps

So, yesterday. Had my 7th slow moving tipover yesterday. In fact, I've so mastered the fall over and leap to my feet (cause fallin over ain't cool), that I think I can do it without notice, until I have to wrestle that beast back up again.

The snowboard analogy. Back when I wanted to learn to snowboard, this same sort of event occurred. Sudden uncontrollable slamming into the ground, unstoppable. Cause? Catching the downhill edge on the snowboard. Accelerated gravitational slam into the earth about blood shot my eyes.

The BMW guards are long past surviving. Bought this Chinese made set, looks good, 1st fallover shatter the cheap pieces of crap. NOW, I've put several layers of duct tape reinforced with fiberglass sheet. Impact still happens, no marring to the cylinder head, and i'll continue to master the "get back on your feet" recovery.

Happy Monday

I can't help you with the RT because I won't publicly admit my tip over (was that my outside voice?).

I can admit, however, that I have solved the snow/wake boarding issue. All you have to do to avoid that front end from digging in is to lean back a bit. Works like a charm. Except when it doesn't.

IMG_3170-S.jpg

foundationapps
Except when it doesn't.

IMG_3170-S.jpg

Yep...

Situation: Learning to snowboard.

Coasting across the face of the learner's slope. Chugging along watching youngsters, trying to imitate them. Found out leaning back accelerated. I like that, too much speed, lean into the downhill, overcompensate, front right catches and edge.

Huge leverage, face plant, snot and spit down the slope, goggles buried eyebrow deep in face. Statement: "This sucks".

Happens faster than high siding a Ducati in a corner with a sticky tire on a hot day.

foundationapps

I did learn a neat trick that I haven't had to use on other bikes because they're not top heavy.

Since my own fall overs happen more when I'm backing up, if I drag the front brakes a tad, the bike is more stable. If it starts to fall, one way or the other, a bit more brake drag usually gets it back under my control. Might not make sense in physics, but it's working for me.

Archived