IGNORED

Horsepower

Steve1962

Yesterday afternoon I set out on the bike with no destination in mind, just to take advantage of the glorious weather and see where the road took me …………..well, I didn’t get far. Two miles outside the village to be precise!!

There was an event taking place on land nearby, horse trial involving Dressage, Cross Country and Jumping – I’ve been to one here before, they are always great fun, and it doesn’t cost anything to sit and watch either.

So I parked up in the field alongside all the 4x4’s, mingled with the participants and those watching.

I took a few photos too, including one that appears to show a headless rider, and another one with the rider appearing on the horse twice!!

Just goes to show, you don't always have to travel miles to find something enjoyable.

Click the link for photos.............

Steve

Hi Marty,

How's it going?

Some of those horsey type folk are dripping with money that's for sure.

Take care.

Steve

Marty Hill

Hey Steve,

All good on my end. Just returned from a trip to Bosnia, Montenegro and nearby countries. Hope to see Scotland and Ireland next.

Hey Steve,

All good on my end. Just returned from a trip to Bosnia, Montenegro and nearby countries. Hope to see Scotland and Ireland next.

Glad to see you safely home.

When you come over the pond again, make sure ya bring better weather than last time............. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve

Bill_Walker

Nice repatriated E-Type, even if the owner did leave the seat belt hanging out the door and the hood cover (top boot, to use 'mercans) half off.

Equine photography is tough (not saying I don't like your shots, BTW). There are certain phases of movement and jumping that are preferred in the photos. You either have to know what you're looking at and have excellent timing, or a really fast motor drive or digital equivalent. I know what I'm looking at and I still suck at it, but then, all my photos suck compared to yours.

Here's our local pro: Terri Miller Photography show jumping gallery. She mostly shoots the dressage shows, though (you can see those shots if you go back through the main gallery link).

Nice repatriated E-Type, even if the owner did leave the seat belt hanging out the door and the hood cover (top boot, to use 'mercans) half off.

Equine photography is tough (not saying I don't like your shots, BTW). There are certain phases of movement and jumping that are preferred in the photos. You either have to know what you're looking at and have excellent timing, or a really fast motor drive or digital equivalent. I know what I'm looking at and I still suck at it, but then, all my photos suck compared to yours.

Here's our local pro: Terri Miller Photography show jumping gallery. She mostly shoots the dressage shows, though (you can see those shots if you go back through the main gallery link).

Bill,

Thanks.

Those are great photos. I just generally point and click though I do try and take a good photo when I can. I am using a Lumix TZ 35 compact camera at the moment as I got fed up with carrying all the paraphernalia that comes with a better one, perhaps I should get one and persevere.

Steve

Bill_Walker
I do try and take a good photo when I can.

And the award for understatement of the year goes to...

Marty Hill

When you come over the pond again, make sure ya bring better weather than last time............. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve

Only trip that I left the bike at the hotel and rented a car for 3 days. :dopeslap:

Steve

Only trip that I left the bike at the hotel and rented a car for 3 days. :dopeslap:

True.

ps - FWIW I've been on a few ride outs with Andy when the weather has turned on us, last time being when he collected the 850r - it started raining as we got there, and by the time the paperwork et al had been sorted it was absolutely PERSISTING IT DOWN -

We rode home on the motorway, it was like being in a car wash!!

I also remember one jaunt when we were beset by thick fog and had to give up.

Take care.

Steve

I do try and take a good photo when I can.

And the award for understatement of the year goes to...

Bill,

Thanks - lord knows I've taken plenty of crap ones ............god bless the delete button!!

Steve

Forget the horses and the bikes, I want, lust, desire, drool over, dream of, and am rerouting circulation at the thought of that Jag. When it comes to automotive art, there are few things in history that turn my head more than an XKE.

Heavens! That is a GORGEOUS example.

As always Steve your posts are a treat. I had to put a thumbs up on that countryside shot near the end, although I enjoyed them all.

As always Steve your posts are a treat. I had to put a thumbs up on that countryside shot near the end, although I enjoyed them all.

Kathy,

Thanks.

That is on my commute, I've filmed a run to work on the Go Pro and must get around to editing and posting it.

Ride safe.

Steve

You are teasing us, Sir. :lurk:

Guess I'll have to do it now............might take a while though, I'm up to my neck in it at work getting ready for a week off - starting Sunday I'm driving up to Glasgow with SWMBO and we are spending a week up there - I'll take the camera.

Steve

Archived