IGNORED

Excited chatter??????

Bud

I was curious about that kendon ride up ramp.

That's the ramp provided with the Single Ride Up Kit.

The Dual Ride Up ramp looks like this:

143432305349.jpg

Heck, I could fall off that one, too! What does Fernando have to do with Kendon?

My bad. I had the wrong Eff. It was Effjay instead in THIS THREAD My apologies to EffBee. :dopeslap:

I hear you! I had to use Mapsource to get Mitch's routes to go into my ancient 2720.

You gotta love technology. GPS's built in 2007 are now ancient. :/ Ancient? That thing is 10 years newer than your bike. :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday
I sprained my ankle at the BMW off road school. Right now I can only do 100 miles before the pain buddies make me get off the bike. The doctor did x-rays today I will find out tomorrow if it's more than a sprain. I hope it will get better before Saturday.

Alan

Shoot, Alan, that's no good. Any news from the docs today?

Good news no broken bones :clap: and I was able to wear a shoe all day today. I will try my boots on tomorrow. Sure I will look like Herman Munster but who cares!

Joe Frickin' Friday
Don't worry Glenn. I ordered a new pair of rain pants so I'm sure it won't even dare mist while I'm wearing them. :rofl:

I think I speak for everyone at the Un when I say:

PLEASE keep your pants on.

I think I'm just about ready to go, just need to find some twine to tie the bike down, although I don't think I really need it; the bike should stay put by itself...it certainly knew where it wanted to be.

Wet diamond plate? My heart sank when I saw that picture. But now that's over with I trust the rest of the trip will be smooth as silk.

Hope everyone has fun. I'll think of you all as I sit through meetings in Ottawa all next week :( I wonder if anyone will know what's going through my mind as I lean side to side in my chair.

Mike Cassidy

Sorry for the low speed drop Mark, but I can understand the difficulty not being able to even see the chock in front when on the bike. Hope not any damage. Have a safe trip.

Hope everyone has fun. I'll think of you all as I sit through meetings in Ottawa all next week :(

I'll be passing through Ottawa on my way Saturday. Pick you up? :)

Good news no broken bones :clap: and I was able to wear a shoe all day today. I will try my boots on tomorrow. Sure I will look like Herman Munster but who cares!

Yea!!!!!

Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:

Don't worry Glenn. I ordered a new pair of rain pants so I'm sure it won't even dare mist while I'm wearing them. :rofl:

:rofl:

Keeping my fingers crossed to break the jinx.

Are you also going to wear your knight's balaclava, and go around quoting from Monty Python? You'll probably be doing a Silly Walk with your Herman Munster boots... :grin:

See you next Monday Alan.

Are you also going to wear your knight's balaclava, and go around quoting from Monty Python? You'll probably be doing a Silly Walk with your Herman Munster boots... :grin:

See you next Monday Alan.

It's just a flesh wound..............................

Hope everyone has fun. I'll think of you all as I sit through meetings in Ottawa all next week :(

I'll be passing through Ottawa on my way Saturday. Pick you up? :)

Don't think I didn't play with the idea of doing both. But the logistics didn't work.

So instead my lovely wife is accompanying me and we are spending a couple of days sightseeing as well as my meeting. I figure many $thousands$ of my tax dollars have gone to that civil service sink-hole over my career so I might as well try and "enjoy" it.

Hope that next year's UnRally isn't the same week as my professional society Annual Meeting.

Mike Cassidy

Just a reminder...

DSC_6711_FRes_Sat-17-M.jpg

Lucky for me it is built into my jacket, or else I would leave it at home. But if I wear my pants, it won't rain and I won't need the head dress. :clap::wave::grin::dopeslap::rofl:

markgoodrich
K16 on a trailer???

Yep. I'm never riding across Texas again. Now, add OK, MO, KS, IA, and WI, and I'm proud to tump my bike over trying to load it on a trailer.

Stoked!

My son and I have attended two previous UNs--2012 in Salida and 2014 in Moscow. We're excited to attend this year's UN.

This year will be slightly different though. My son Corey will not be riding pillion, he'll be riding his own ride! :grin: Earlier this year, he passed the written test to get his permit. Then both of us took the MSF BRC class. After passing that, he earned his MN motorcycle endorsement. We've been riding every chance we get to help build skill and endurance.

We'll be avoiding the Interstate and taking a more relaxed pace on the WI two lane highways to get to Warrens, WI.

Here is a pic of us setting out on a ride this last weekend (he's on the blue Ninja 250):

18224953953_3ef3294962_b.jpgIMG_6700(cropped) by mnTwin, on Flickr

Joe Frickin' Friday
Earlier this year, he passed the written test to get his permit. Then both of us took the MSF BRC class. After passing that, he earned his MN motorcycle endorsement. We've been riding every chance we get to help build skill and endurance.

We'll be avoiding the Interstate and taking a more relaxed pace on the WI two lane highways to get to Warrens, WI.

...Here is a pic of us setting out on a ride this last weekend (he's on the blue Ninja 250):

Well-trained, well-planned, and well-equipped.

WELL DONE! :thumbsup:

Will look forward to seeing the two of you in Warrens.

Stoked!

My son and I have attended two previous UNs--2012 in Salida and 2014 in Moscow. We're excited to attend this year's UN.

This year will be slightly different though. My son Corey will not be riding pillion, he'll be riding his own ride! :grin: Earlier this year, he passed the written test to get his permit. Then both of us took the MSF BRC class. After passing that, he earned his MN motorcycle endorsement. We've been riding every chance we get to help build skill and endurance.

Here is a pic of us setting out on a ride this last weekend (he's on the blue Ninja 250):

18224953953_3ef3294962_b.jpgIMG_6700(cropped) by mnTwin, on Flickr

Looking forward to meeting both of you. Lifetime of memories being created that will be recalled many times over. Good on ya both.

My ankle is good enough to ride with out the Balaclava thank you!! I have a do rag for a new look! If I get an eye patch look out!

I am getting stoked! The service on my bike I started 2 weeks ago is finally finished due to ankle interprtus. Now to start packing and deciding which riding gear to go in. Really hot here but it will be quite comfortable in Wisconsin. Sounds like mess gear to me!

Alan

Oh, oh. The new pants were way too large, I could have put two of me in them. I guess my phat phyngers hit the wrong choice on size. So I won't have new rain pants to ward off the rain. :dopeslap:

Oh, oh. The new pants were way too large, I could have put two of me in them. I guess my phat phyngers hit the wrong choice on size. So I won't have new rain pants to ward off the rain. :dopeslap:

It's not going to rain on you! It's not going to rain on you! It's not going to rain on you! :thumbsup:

In Idaho Falls. Going thru Jellystone tomorrow and over Bear Tooth again :clap:

Anyone in the campground ?

Anyone from spring Torrey Utah 2014 ?

Happy travels

Which campground?????

Joe Frickin' Friday

Happy travels

Which campground?????

The one next to the hotel.

Man oh man, here we go. Heading out tomorrow; will see you early birds at 3 Bears on Sunday afternoon/evening.

So here we are in Red Lodge after a great day going thru Jellystone. Saw more buffs than we have ever seen in Lamar Valley. Maybe 500-1000 in herd.

But, now we are watching the weather as we are in a tornado watch for the evening. Up in Billings, they got about a foot of rain in two minutes. Some floodilng. Will see what tomorrow brings as we are heading thru there. The weather is also pretty severe up in Medora, ND where we are stopping tomorrow nite.

Hope our RV can float :dopeslap:

My 110 proof Rye is helping :grin:

Happy travels

Which campground?????

The one next to the hotel.

Man oh man, here we go. Heading out tomorrow; will see you early birds at 3 Bears on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Same here. Elizabeth, IL tomorrow night. Warrens on Sunday. Only a 4 hour ride from Elizabeth.

Makers Mark for the early birds. :thumbsup:

Just changed my departure time on Sunday morning to be sure I can participate as an early bird! :thumbsup:

Just changed my departure time on Sunday morning to be sure I can participate as an early bird! :thumbsup:

You will be an early bird no matter what time you show up. :wave::thumbsup:

Hopz and I will be pulling outta town at O' dark thirty tomorrow and should roll in sometime Sunday afternoon. I'm bringing some MM for personal consumption AFTER we tap Bud's stash. :P

Day 1 Done. THe forecast for today was 50% chance of rain along my route. Well what do you know it rained for half of the trip

I got rained on today for a short time. Storms rolled thru after I arrived at my friends farm in Elizabeth, IL. A few short hours tomorrow to Warrens. Supposed to be a nice day for a ride.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday has Frickin' arrived. Lovely day, tho a touch warm at the finish. several other folks beat me here, and I'm told they are presently cooling their throats at the bar.

Tomorrow's weather forecast is...less awesome. Perhaps a good day to alternate between the bar and the water park. :grin: (Hey Shawn, I actually brought a swimsuit this time!!! :rofl:)

Tuesday and Wednesday are scheduled to be beautiful.

TIGTBSMF!

Great! I'm rolling in tomorrow morning, possibly ahead of the weather. If not, that's why God made Gore-Tex, right?

At my place near Montello. Will be arriving on Tuesay. Will have an 11yo and a 12yo. I don't expect to take the 12yo home.

At my place near Montello. Will be arriving on Tuesay. Will have an 11yo and a 12yo. I don't expect to take the 12yo home.

I think the upload didn't work. Here is the 12yo.

image.jpg1.jpg

Just an FYI, an APB has been put out on you for child trafficking. ;)

For those watching from afar, after a major rainstorm this morning, the sun blasted through (in defiance of the weather forecasters). The next two days are looking mighty fine....

Archived