IGNORED

New BMWMOA Member Tire Benefit

The Rocketman

The Rocketman

I just upgraded my BMWMOA membership with Beth at MOA ((636) 394-7277), from standard to Platinum for an extra $39. Basic membership is $40 per year; Platinum is $79 per year.

Reason I did it was for a new benefit for tire replacement, as follows:

Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard Protection provides 100 miles of free towing, free flat service, free battery service and free fluid service. But that's not all. For the first time ever in the motorcycle industry, our Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard Protection provides for two tire replacements per year for unexpected damage - including labor! All this for up to three motorcycles regardless of brand!

Platinum Roadside Assistance and Tire Hazard Protection plans provide for the repair or replacement of the vehicle's tires which, during the term of this Agreement, become Unserviceable due to a Road Hazard covered under this contract. Unserviceable means that the tire has been punctured or otherwise damaged to the extent that it is unsafe. Tire damage that is cosmetic in nature and that does not render the tire Unserviceable is specifically excluded. A Road Hazard is a condition on a public roadway which should not exist there, such as potholes, nails, glass, or other road debris.

a. FLAT TIRES: You will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs You incur to repair a flat tire caused by a Road Hazard while operating the Vehicle on public streets and in a legal manner.

b. TIRE REPLACEMENT: You will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs you incur to replace a tire (up to $250 per tire, max 2 tires per contract period), only if a tire covered by this Agreement becomes unrepairable due to damage caused by a Road Hazard. This coverage is valid through the tread life of a tire (for motorcycles 2/32" or less is excluded) and replacement will be made with a tire of like kind and quality to the original tire.

c. MOUNTING AND BALANCING: You will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs that you incur for mounting, balancing, valve stems, and tire disposal for any tire replaced under this Agreement. However, charges for pressure sensing devices and unspecified charges for shop supplies are excluded.

d. TAXES: You will be reimbursed for the cost of local and state taxes, as directed by state agencies for any tire replaced under this Agreement.

To me, that there is a great deal! 3 bikes, 6 tires, reimbursed up to $250 per tire, twice a year, including mounting, balancing and sales tax for $39.00!

If you don't already have this upgrade, I'd suggest getting it. If you're not an MOA member, I'd sign up for the Platinum membership, just for some piece of mind. My regular insurance (Foremost) gives me 100 miles towing, but no free tires. Now I have 200 miles towing, and free tires. Me likey ! :clap:

Keep a razor.knife in the saddle bag just in case.... Some warranties are too good to be true. Love to here how.riders will do with it as if it catches on.

My understanding was that it was capped at two tires per 12 month period, not two tires per bike. Maybe I misunderstood. I bought the platinum membership too, though.

Keep a razor.knife in the saddle bag just in case....

Nice guy....

Just sayin`. :)

Caveat emptor friends.

The Rocketman

It is 2 tires per year cap total. Been riding 34 years and never had a catastrophic tire failure. Think the odds are not in my favor.....

thanks for the reminder. I was reading about this in the last issue of BMWON and had meant to do this. It usually takes me a couple of tries to get stuff done.

Archived