IGNORED

Dead Center In The Middle of Nowhere - 2016 (May 20-22)

Twisties

Mark the date: May 20-22, 2016.

Although we do plan to move the event around the region in the future, next year will be in Weaverville again, by popular demand.

Patty at the Red Hill Motel will begin accepting reservations in November, but has reserved the entire venue for us.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting new people. My Harley-riding friend Jack has new insight into BMW riders. I enjoyed the evening b.s sessions. Good grief, what great laughter, stories, and maybe some lies.

And one odd duck even brought PBR. Not to name names, but his initials are Todd Gradude. :-)

That PBR is also known as Temecula Champagne........

It's called Pabst BLUE RIBBON for a reason. They don't give out those awards for just being a beer. Blue Ribbon=Smilely Todd

• 2 months later...

I was just looking at my calendar, and noticed that this looks to be the weekend before Memorial Day weekend, i.e., the same weekend as Spring Torrey would traditionally be. Am I wrong?

Should be the same weekend.

Wouldn't another weekend make more sense in that it would allow people to attend both?

Ditto...

:lurk:

He said, stirring the pot.... :wave:

MB>

• 2 months later...

I just spoke with Patty Holder, the proprietor of the Red Hill Motel. She is not yet ready to accept individual room reservations, but does have the entire venue reserved for us.

I will check back with her after Thanksgiving.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing you, Mark!

That's odd. It shows that it is a calendar event and I would swear that it was on the calendar. I'll inquire.

Room #8, in case some of you want to make sure we're not neighbors...

Mikko, we're not worried about you. It's Todd that's the problem..... :rofl:

MB>

Room #8, in case some of you want to make sure we're not neighbors...

Mikko, we're not worried about you. It's Todd that's the problem..... :rofl:

MB>

hey! I can hear you mark! You been talking to EDDDDDDDDD?

So where is this middle of nowhere ride? GT

Finding it half the fun, and if we told you, we'd have to kill you. So we won't.

(but, if you should happen to look at the very first post in the thread there might be clues...)

Although we do plan to move the event around the region in the future, next year will be in Weaverville again, by popular demand.

Patty at the Red Hill Motel will begin accepting reservations in November, but has reserved the entire venue for us.

Ok...got the dates of the ride, now where is the Red Hill motel?

GT

Ok...got the dates of the ride, now where is the Red Hill motel?

GT

Just a wild guess, Weaverville?

I get it now. I thought the post was saying the following year for Weaaverville.

GT

It's an old post, from immediately after the event last spring. Sorry for the confusion. Hope you can make it!

If this event is going to continue I'm sure there are some people like myself who'd like to see it on a date that didn't conflict with Spring Torrey.

If this event is going to continue I'm sure there are some people like myself who'd like to see it on a date that didn't conflict with Spring Torrey.

Hell, you're close enough to Torrey, Ed, you could make both in a weekend. :wave:

MB>

Reservation made for Friday and Saturday!

Hey Bill, me and Havasu Dave will be riding up as well. You might want to connecting with us. We are planning on leaving Thursday with an overnight along the way

Reservation made for Friday and Saturday!

Hey Bill, me and Havasu Dave will be riding up as well. You might want to connecting with us. We are planning on leaving Thursday with an overnight along the way

Sounds like a potential plan. My initial plan was to leave Thursday and do the route we planned for last year, that you got to take and I didn't. But we'll see what things look like when the date gets closer.

• 1 month later...

Archived