If I had 500.00 to spend on 1100RT...

foundationapps

foundationapps

What would I buy. I do have 500 spare, tires are new. What do you folks suggest I look at. On my Ducati, it'd be carbon fiber and exotic metals.

On by 98 1100 (my favorite of all bikes), would you do?

Respectfully

So, ya like real (not faux) carbon fiber??

Here's a coupla ideas to spend for just 1/10 of that budget:

1) CF yoke cover

I bought one from this seller for my just-sold R1150RT which looked great. Nice quality that's functional too.

2) CF license plate frame

Liked it enough that it migrated over to my new (sig) moto. Heavy die cast frames seem silly to me.

Maybe buy those items, then see what leftover farkles I'm selling... :grin:

szurszewski

You could make a thousand more wind/glare guards :)

It amuses me that you're TRYING to find something to spend money on after reading your other posts, but I'm always happy to help spend someone else's cash...so....

New brake lines and several tanks of gas

Rebuild or buy a used set of shocks

Extra lights - forward or rear facing

Three fifty gallon drums of of ethanol free premium

Four nice hotel rooms for an adventure

New seats

foundationapps
Stainless brake lines, if it doesn't have them yet. $500 isn't enough for new shocks.

That's a good idea. I just put one on the rear after debriding the bike of the ABS system. Fronts are next.

foundationapps
You could make a thousand more wind/glare guards :)

It amuses me that you're TRYING to find something to spend money on after reading your other posts, but I'm always happy to help spend someone else's cash...so....

New brake lines (going to happen).

Rebuild or buy a used set of shocks

Extra lights - forward or rear facing (excellent idea)

New seats (its going to stay an RT-P, no desire to add an extra 125-150 lbs (Max Allowable Fem Weight)

Premium no corn fuel / 500 gallons on hand, stabilized. In the process of looking for a fuel cell that will fit in the truck of the P model bike and create some fuel lines to feed the main tank. This stuff is fun.

If you are planning to keep the bike for a long time, I'd save a little more and invest in shocks. Best thing I ever did to my RT.

foundationapps

Shocks seem to the a big suggestion. Any suggestions? Ohlins of course are nice, but $$$ is restrictive.

There are a couple of moderately priced shocks.

You will pay extra for extra features.

Hagon shocks (made in the UK) are very good. We sell fronts for 439.00 free shipping. Rear, with standard threaded collar spring adjuster is the same price.

If you want to add the remote preload adjuster to the rear to be like the original shock, add 200.

Time wise, sometimes 2 weeks as the quantity of shocks stocked for older bikes is low vs shocks for new, popular models.

Putting Ohlins on my RT was the best thing I ever did to it. Night and day re: performance and confidence in the corners.

Can't speak for Hagons, although I had them on my Velocette. Wilbers are good and a bit less expensive than Ohlins.

Archived