IGNORED

R nine T

Coinneach

While I was having Brünhilde wrenched on at Go AZ this morning, I wandered over to the showroom and was stopped dead in my tracks by a 2015 R nine T. A salesguy saw me staring slackjawed at it and offered to get a plate so's I could demo it.

No, Br'er Salesguy, don' frow me in de briar patch!

I only did about five miles on it, but thems was some awesomely fun five miles. The dual Akros sound unbelievable, a smooth, deep-throated bellow. All I had to do was hint to it when I wanted to go and stop and turn. Just sheer mechanical brilliance.

Salesguy tried, he really did. Told me about how the 2016s are being forced by EU regs to go wethead so the 2015s are going to be instant classics, showed me the custom work the other salesguys have done to their Nines, repeatedly pointed out how badass I looked on it and how BMW will finance pretty much anyone, not that I have problems in that area. Alas, my budget just won't stretch another $15.5K right now. But if it did, that little beast would have come home with me.

I still love my 1100, but that Nine is just pure sex on wheels.

I don't do very well with demo rides. :( Someone tells me I look badass on a GD camel, I don't care, I'm buying it! :rofl:

Good on ya for displaying a bit of willpower. :thumbsup:

Pat

Walking away from the Nine was literally painful. Going back to my 1100 afterward, well...

Most of my logged flight time is in C172s and PA28s. One time I got to fly right-seat in a Mooney M20F, after which the slow-arse bugsmashers lost their appeal. The comedown from the Nine was sort of similar.

Exactly why I just looked at the new 1290SA while it was lashed down on the base of the crate at the dealer.

Test rides are expensive for me!

fourteenfour

My R Nine T has become my favorite BMW bike I have owned. I have gone through quite a few bikes to find this one. I just like its back to basics style; I do not want anymore water cooled or plastic covered bikes.

and yeah, those pipes sound amazing

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look of the R Nine T a lot, but I'm concerned about my comfort, even on short rides. I'm only 6 feet tall, but I have long legs. When I sat on one in the showroom, I felt a little cramped. I haven't ridden one though. I'm afraid I'd want one, and then I'd be agonizing over the fact that I just don't have the budget for it right now. :)

My R Nine T has become my favorite BMW bike I have owned. I have gone through quite a few bikes to find this one. I just like its back to basics style; I do not want anymore water cooled or plastic covered bikes.

and yeah, those pipes sound amazing

My sentiments exactly. :thumbsup:

I tried to turn the nineT into a touring bike, but to me it will never be right for that, so I ended up buying a '96 R1100RT just for the holiday trips!

I enjoy weekend rides so much more on the basic setup of the nineT. :Cool:

Just looked at one last week...

I got crossed up between that and the R1200R for 700 bucks more.

If a test ride had happened, I'd be living in the garage with 37 bikes instead of 36.

Just looked at one last week...If a test ride had happened, I'd be living in the garage with 37 bikes instead of 36.

Talk to us Smitty, don't know ya but you're already my hero! :grin:

BTW, welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

Pat

Just looked at one last week...

I got crossed up between that and the R1200R for 700 bucks more.

If a test ride had happened, I'd be living in the garage with 37 bikes instead of 36.

...adopt me? PLEASE?

Coinneach, I notice in your collection you have one of these. :thumbsup:

A 1980 750 like this was my first brand new street bike at sixteen years old.

I was the king of cool at high school riding that machine. :Cool:

Least, in my mind anyway. :grin:

gsx%20750.jpg

Pat

Had. My .sig is the progression of bikes I've owned. I did have the first GS450L and the 750 at the same time. Never got the second 450 or the Oldwing running. :(

Archived