IGNORED

alternatives to fender extender?

foundationapps

foundationapps

Morning,, has anyone ever jerry rigged a front fender extender to provide better protection for the engine / pipes? I know they make them, but 60.00 is pricey.

The rear section of the K1200LT front mudguard fits and offers considerably more protection. These are often available from motorcycle breakers.

BoisePilot

Hello

I second the K1200LT rear fender section solution. I bought one from Ebay for $40.00 shipped. The one I bought was from a 2003 K1200LT. I had to trim the front of the LT fender a bit at the front to get it to fit. The trimming was about 5 minutes with a Dremel tool. The result is a fender that looks so good that you have to really look to notice the difference. It does offer better protection; both longer and a little wider.

Morning,, has anyone ever jerry rigged a front fender extender to provide better protection for the engine / pipes? I know they make them, but 60.00 is pricey.

I'm cheap.

I used "rubber" sheet from Mcmaster Carr and cut it like the rear fender flap on my 84 RT and glue it in with West Coast epoxy. Don't even see it unless looking.

Umm.

HD Sprint.

I never admit "hd". I will say I owned a Italian Aermacchi 350 cc.

LOL

No power but great riding position, similar to the Vstrom I have now.

History says that the track version of the Sprint put out 70 HP (!) and I believe it because I live 9 miles away from NHIS which used to be Bryer Motorsport Park, a international known as one of the toughest bike tracks. Carroll Selby help design. Go figure.

They cooked.

Sorry for off topic.

Steve

foundationapps

I'm cheap.

I used "rubber" sheet from Mcmaster Carr and cut it like the rear fender flap on my 84 RT and glue it in with West Coast epoxy. Don't even see it unless looking.

Umm.

HD Sprint.

I never admit "hd". I will say I owned a Italian Aermacchi 350 cc.

LOL

Sprint... that dang thing was a tank. Was it Aermacchi that made them for HD? The electric starter was no good. Kick starting that pig meant 30 minutes up before school started, school was a block away. Hard work, but worth it.

Was it Aermacchi that made them for HD?

Absolutly. Mine a 72 I think looked like it just came off the floor.

No issues at all, except the hd decals, which I removed before riding it 10 feet. Mine had the twin exhausts, mill was screaming at 65.

Got it in a trade for a 350 dollar electrical job, two years later sold it for 4800 to a guy that races them, lives about 30 hours away picked it up in the rain on a Sunday morning at 0200 and headed home.

This was his seventh in his shop and said this unit was his best by far, smaller fellow, I would think it would be a blast on a tight circuit, mine handled nice, stock Marzocci's with a Showa front end. I've had some nice handleing machines, Ducs,Guzzis, etc, the Sprint was up there too, no power but fun.

Wicked conversation starter, as it had no labeling.

Steve

Archived