IGNORED

Oil cooler guard for 1150RT

beemerboy

Hey folks,

I'm looking for an oil cooler guard for my '02 RT. Searching the 'net yields lots of results but nothing for my bike. This is an item that once was readily available but unless my search skills are lacking, I'm striking out. Aside from going to Ace Hardware and attempting to fabricate one are there any suppliers out there??

Thanks!

I did just that. Went to my local hardware and found some galvanized screening. Formed it perfectly around the cooler, held in place with zip ties. Been on the bike since '08.

RPG

If you haven't already bought something, or for others who might be thinking along the same lines...mesh letter trays from a office supply store of office supply sections of big box stores work well. I used this idea on my FJR. There are lots of different mesh opening and sizes.

mesh_metal_paper_holder.jpg

If you haven't already bought something, or for others who might be thinking along the same lines...mesh letter trays from a office supply store of office supply sections of big box stores work well. I used this idea on my FJR. There are lots of different mesh opening and sizes.

mesh_metal_paper_holder.jpg

Eddd, It's people like you that inspire the quote in my signature below... :thumbsup:

Wunderlich made some and I have one on my R1150RT. Fits perfect and works great. I believe it was their part number 8501151 and $75.00 or so but not sure if they make them anymore.

Archived