IGNORED

Fog Switch

Marc01

Hi, just a quick question for those with R1150RT. Doe's the Fog Light switch on the dash a light. Since I'm suffering from CRAFT (can't remember a f---ing thing) , I thought it did, but tonight it was dark, no light. If it does and someone has replaced the bulb, they might remember what size it is.

Thanks

Marc

greiffster

Yup, kind of a yellow light. Why not just replace the switch? There are a few on ebay.

Bill_Walker

Are you talking about a light inside the switch so you can see it in the dark, or the indicator light on the dash that tells you the fog lights are on?

I ride after dark so seldom that I couldn't tell you about the former. There is definitely an indicator light in the string of warning lights on the dash that tells you they're on. It's driven by the same relay that controls the fog lights.

• 1 month later...
It does. I don't think the bulb is replaceable. I wish it was. Mine doesn't work either.

Have finally got around to fixing it. A new one was going to cost me $140. Buying second hand, the light might not work, if it did, for how long.

Bought 10 led bulbs off ebay for $4.00. Used 2 of them to make one. Modified the socket it sat in, in the switch. Works great.

Marc

Archived