Can you substitute the left footpeg plate from an R1150RT

biometrics

biometrics

...onto an R1100RT?

I broke a fairing mounting point on the left footpeg plate on my 1999 R1100RT. It seems that the 1150 plates are cheaper on the used market.

They don't have the same number of mounting holes, but the majority of the holes are the same size and in the same place?

Any advice pro or con?

Thanks in advance, -John

dirtrider

Afternoon John

Show us a picture of what you broke. If just a tab then some of those can be repaired to look pretty darn good with just a small recessed flathead screw showing.

biometrics
Afternoon John

Show us a picture of what you broke. If just a tab then some of those can be repaired to look pretty darn good with just a small recessed flathead screw showing.

Thanks DR... It is the front tab on the left footpeg plate... I was thinking if I am going to repair it, that a steel tab cut to fit between to the linear projections on the back JB-Welded into place might do the trick... The flathead screw you mention must be to hold such a tab in place? What do you think about the JB-Weld idea?

picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=3182

Broke the right side foot brake mount off. Took it to a welding shop and they welded it back on.. A little silver paint. Bingo, good as new.

Archived