IGNORED

Hill

TEWKS

Marty Hill

Mike, glad your getting time to ride and enjoy. I'm in dubrovnik now. Pics will follow. :lurk:

Marty,

Looks great, have fun.

Wish I was there but pretty sure you are happier w/out having to wait for me to catch up.

:grin:

Pat,

You obviously aren't using the appropriate garage break in method.

My garage is about 1/10th that size and I have twice as much stuff(ed) in it.

Yours looks like it is still consuming a bike every 10,000 miles which is outside BMW specs.

:wave:

A few more from Marty. :thumbsup:

Road to dubrovnik.image.jpg1_zpst6uekp1x.jpg

Street in dubrovnik.

image.jpg3_zpsrw33rfg2.jpg

Lunch with German friends in Baden-Baden.

image.jpg2_zpsk0sogyij.jpg

Pat

Thanks a bunch Pat. More coming.

And here they be. :grin:

Life Is very good. First week all sunny.

image.jpg1_zpseioeiodt.jpg

View from the room.

image.jpg2_zps5s6nvhgk.jpg

Pat

Marty Hill

Hey Tim. Lot's of red roofs all over the country. Macedonia tomorrow and another country sticker to add. Daughter told me about the wine bar. Up a narrow alley with great food and wine.

Pat, many thanks!

Pat, many thanks!

Glad to help out Marty! If you remember I'm a bit busy at home so, all my travel is through you at this point. :grin:

Pat

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Over the Grand Canyon of Bosnia.

image.jpg3_zpsfpuxu6tx.jpg

Thor taking a pic at a very nice restaurant.

image.jpg2_zpsneog2wky.jpg

A neat saying. And very true!

image.jpg1_zpsjsspkoah.jpg

Pat

Marty Hill

Many thanks Pat. Headed back to the coast tomorrow. Half the buildings in Sarajevo have bullet and shell holes in them from the war with the Serbs.

Kathryn Hill
if K is too busy and it'd be easier, shoot me an email pic and I could post it if you'd like.

Thanks for doing my parental tech support for me, Pat! Whatta guy! :thumbsup:

if K is too busy and it'd be easier, shoot me an email pic and I could post it if you'd like.

Thanks for doing my parental tech support for me, Pat! Whatta guy! :thumbsup:

:grin: No problem Kathryn, glad to do it! :thumbsup: You do have my permission to jump in at any point, if you'd like. :grin:

Not sure if I should let this secret out but your father had thoughts on scrapping the trip when he was up here. Glad he didn't! :thumbsup:

Pat

Marty Hill

Over the Grand Canyon of Bosnia.

Actually that's the Tara River Canyon in Montenegro. 2nd longest canyon in the world after the Grand Canyon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_River_Canyon

So I didn't know what country I was in. I knew someone would figure it out.

Thanks K. We have been in and out of Bosnia at least 4 times. Once they didn't think the title was enough, they also wanted to see the registration with tag number. Didn't have it but the felt sorry for the old guy and let me out of the country. Next time thru they waved us in without a stop. I prefer that way! :thumbsup:

Kathryn Hill

OK, he's just outside of Split, Croatia tonight staying at a hotel on the Adriatic Sea:

IMG_20150519_175404.jpg

Via his SPOT tracker this has been his route so far:

Screenshot%2B2015-05-19%2B16.46.21.png

They are headed to Otocac, Croatia tomorrow, then to Bled, Slovenia, then back to Germany via Austria.

That last pic looks like a beautiful stop over! :thumbsup: Enjoy watching from home and again very glad I could help out with the pics. But, I get the feeling Kathryn does not need to rely on Google to find out about any of your overnight stops. Unlike me! :grin:

Pat

Marty Hill

Rode east thru the hills and then back down to the water today. 253 miles of fun but no pics. Still in Croatia. Perfect weather so far. At least half the bikes we see are GS's.

Pat, K has travelled way more than me as well as having lived in several other countries.. She is giving us restaurant recommendations.

Marty Hill

No pics for last 2-3 days. Rain and fog. Saw some snow on the mountain tops but then the fog closed in. Heading back to Germany now and on to Belgium to visit Bart and Caroline for an evening. Flying to Montreal on thursday, then riding to chitown and flying home till the UN. An amazing side fact, half the bikes we have seen have been GS's.

Marty Hill

Dropped the bike off at Air Canada this am. Train to Brussels tomorrow to visit Bart and Caroline for an evening. Back to Frankfurt wednesday and fly to Montreal thursday where I'll pick up the GS and head for chitown to bug Ron B for 1 night before flying home on saturday. Bike will be at the Countryside BMW store for the run to the UN. Another very nice moto trip. :thumbsup:

Futon w/ clean sheets ready, I'll even straighten up a bit. (just a bit.) Call me on home phone when you get close. See you Friday.

Marty, Google tells me your ride from Montreal to Chicago (don't know where Ron is exactly) is 1,300 km/13 hours in the saddle and all slab. If you want to break that up (rides that long are not in my vocabulary) there's always a bed/meal for you here if you're willing to take a slightly more northern route along the Ottawa river and then a slight run South that takes you through Haliburton ON., perhaps a crossing into the U.S. at Sarnia, AND you'll get to meet the other Katherine Hill :-)

Paul

Marty Hill

Paul, I'd love to visit sometime but I have to hurry and catch a plane in chicago. I do want to come visit and go see the vintage aircraft that we talked about 2 years ago. Another time and thanks!

Missed the part about the other KH. :thumbsup:

Marty, every time I read one of your ride reports I have to go take a nap. I don't know how you keep up the pace. I fully expected you were on a tight schedule but partly wanted to make a better offer than you received from the Montreal area on your way over. You've got a good memory about our conversation two years (already ?) ago. The Tiger Boys have an UnOfficial fly in each summer. It would be awesome to attend with you. The 'other' KH is my partner who shares your daughter's name. I've enjoyed following your European trip and appreciated Tewks and K's posting your pictures.

Best Highland Regards

Paul

Marty Hill

Let me know next summer when the show is and I'll make it. If I return to Europe I'll come directly to your door from YUL. If not, I'll ride up from home. :thumbsup:

Kathryn Hill

Last I heard from him was 11:30 PM EST last night/5:30 AM CEST this morning when he texted me to say he was on his way to Frankfurt Airport. Didn't hear from him when he landed in Montreal this afternoon at 1:00 PM EST; figured he was busy getting his bike back from Air Canada.

By 6:00 PM EST I had not heard from him at all, not even a SPOT message, so I started to worry. Then I remembered I had his Google password, so I logged into his Google account and pinged his phone via Android Device Manager. (I have the brains in the family. :wave: ) It showed him 110 miles east of Toronto, Canada. At 8:30 PM EST he is still moving and is just 37 miles east of Toronto. I'll probably hear from him when he finally stops.

Let's recap:

The man woke up in Germany at 4:30 AM German time

Got on a plane and flew across the Atlantic to Montreal, landed around 1:00 PM Montreal time

Got on his bike and rode approx 335 miles to Toronto

I sure I hope I'm in that great shape when I am that age.

Marty Hill

A bit tired. Understatement of the month. Chi-town tomorrow. Ready to be home and sit on the couch for a day or so. Another very nice trip to Europe.

K, couldn't text as phone battery was dead. All charging now.

Kathryn Hill
Ready to be home and sit on the couch for a day or so.

Pablo the Cat will probably sit on top of you to make sure you don't leave again.

I think we have the makings of a new game -" Where's Marty?" A world map plastered with little motorcycles except for one particular GS. ;)

KH couldn't play 'cause she knows how to ping his cell phone.

Marty Hill

Interesting day. Up at 0415 and on the road at 0550. Un-eventful till I missed a turn on the interstate leading to chi-town. Went 10 miles south and followed gps back thru a very bad part of town. Ran a few red lights rather than chat with the locals. An hour later trapped on the I-state and not moving decided to lane split and use the berm. A nice policeman saw me and decided I was not worth chasing. When engine got very hot, I went local. Lane splitting and even used the sidewalk for almost a block. Folks took it well, only one tried to run me over. A bit over 3 hours to go about 40 miles to Ron's house. We went for dinner and the wine tasted very good...I needed it. :dopeslap:

Flying home tomorrow.

A giant A+ for Air Canada. They were great on both ends. Very knowledgeable and 100% helpful. If you want to ride in Europe, ship your bike with then. :thumbsup:

Sounds like another fantastic trip for you. Katie,thanks for keeping us posted on all of the adventure. I"m sure Pablo will be a happy camper!

Marty Hill

Home! Always great to get back. Both daughter and son here with me and the cat. Thanks to all who followed. See you at the UN. :wave:

Archived