IGNORED

Seat and foot pegs position

Deezalman

Deezalman

Has anyone successfully used and installed foot peg lowering kits on their +2010 RT? I've seen the kit offered by Suburban Machinery and it appears the newer RTs have no way to adjust the shift/brake pedals.

I have a 30" inseam and the low seat works well because it allows me to be flatfooted when stopped. Unfortunately my knees prefer the higher seat position. I just haven't found that magic combination of seat and foot peg height. Suggestions welcome.

Highway41

31" inseam. Tried Surbuban's kit as well as Ilium Sportboards neither of which worked as they made my feet feel below the bike's COG. Am back to standard pegs, high seat position and one foot or two tip toes when stopped. Will soon replace the stock shocks with Wilbers and lower the bike around 20mm.

Bill

Danny caddyshack Noonan

32" inseam, standard seat.

Suburban mach peg kit was on order within a couple hours of bringing the bike home. Haven't looked back nor had any issues.

I am 5'11" and have an 30" inseam. I have the low factory version '13 RT. I have a Russell Day Long seat, Suburban Machinery and Illium bar riser (2) combo, and the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit. With those mods I have dialed in the ergos to fit my needs. The Russell seat raised the seating position by 2 ". The bar riser combo moved the handlebars up 3" and back 3". The lowered pegs gave me, with the seat and handlebars, a more upright posture taking the strain off my shoulders and neck. At 69 years old I need all the help I can get :)

I installed Suburban Machine peg lowering brackets on my 2013 RT within days of purchase. I also added Heli risers and couldn't be happier. My only regret is not finding that used set over at the BMWNOA site before I purchased new.

Interesting timing for this thread as I've been experimenting during the trip I'm on. I'm 5-8, 30" inseam and with the seat in the low position my upper back and shoulders feel great but my knees nag at me. In the high position my knees feel fine but I get this knot between my shoulders and discomfort in my neck. Was thing about something to lower the pegs.

duckbubbles

I bought my '11 RT with Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit already installed. Action of the brake and shifter is adjusted perfectly for me. I had also installed Suburban Mach. kit on my ST- loved it on that one too.

Frank

• 1 month later...
Has anyone successfully used and installed foot peg lowering kits on their +2010 RT? I've seen the kit offered by Suburban Machinery and it appears the newer RTs have no way to adjust the shift/brake pedals.

I have a 30" inseam and the low seat works well because it allows me to be flatfooted when stopped. Unfortunately my knees prefer the higher seat position. I just haven't found that magic combination of seat and foot peg height. Suggestions welcome.

Yes. (2013) I had no problem adjusting the brake lever. However, I did have a minor issue with the shifter. So, I cheated and took the tip off and flipped it over. All I had to do was cut a small channel for the locking bolt. It's soft aluminum, so you have to be careful, but otherwise, no issue.

Archived