IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - 24-27 Sep 2015

TyTass

Since my last FART in Highlands, I have switched to off-road dual-sport. Gonna try the paved roads on the KTM. As long as the rain stays away, I am in. (arriving Friday evening with Randy)

-Andy

Excellent Andy. However, I don't know if you know Glenn, but when he comes ... well ...

So, if you aren't going to come if it rains, then maybe I'll see you next time. :rofl:

[Perhaps, Chief Raincloud will reverse his usual effect. Hmmmm .... what say you Glenn?] :lurk:

[Actually, I quite desrved that. :dopeslap: ]

Reminds me of a job description I was reading today, one of the qualities they were looking for was "Detailed Oriented". It took me several minutes to stop laughing.

Randy, Jenn isn't gonna make it, so I'm solo, BUT I have a king room. If any of our compadres have two beds and don't need them, I'd be willing to swap.

So: ANYONE HAVE A QUEEN OR DOUBLE ROOM THAT THEY MIGHT SWAP FOR A KING???

Randy, Jenn isn't gonna make it, so I'm solo, BUT I have a king room. If any of our compadres have two beds and don't need them, I'd be willing to swap.

We have a double room but only for Fri-Sat.

[Actually, I quite desrved that. :dopeslap: ]

Reminds me of a job description I was reading today, one of the qualities they were looking for was "Detailed Oriented". It took me several minutes to stop laughing.

That's funny right there! :rofl:

It's going to do, what it's going to do, that's what I think... :grin:

It is doing just that, froggy/rainy travel since Monday, today was a little better. Landed in Dillsboro NC @ 6pm in the wetness.

PvOVyO.jpg

Did get a break thou

NgQ0ZE.jpg

Nothing like an early fart

Is the King Room still available? PM'ed

Becky and I are leaving Ths AM. She'll have her white F800GT and I'll be on my blue 08 RT.

Cool ... a sneak attack. Glad to have you both as always.

Finally! It's time to roll out. :clap:

I'll be making a little detour down to Competition Accessories in Rock Hill, SC. I need some new boots. And maybe other stuff. Who knows? :)

I'll be making a little detour down to Competition Accessories in Rock Hill, SC. I need some new boots. And maybe other stuff. Who knows? :)

Hey Brian,

Competition Accessories in Rock Hill is closed. They're mail order only now. If you're going by Rock Hill, head on over to Motorcycles of Charlotte or while in Asheville, Eurosport usually has a nice selection.

Cheers!

Keith

Glad to hear you are almost there! This is just a note to let you know that Bill Murray (President of the Coastal Carolina BMW Riders Club in Wilmington NC) has had to cancel due to an unexpected family business matter. I can explain when I see you at the Red Roof Inn in Asheville.

Enjoy the rest of your ride!1 :)

Hey Brian,

Competition Accessories in Rock Hill is closed. They're mail order only now. If you're going by Rock Hill, head on over to Motorcycles of Charlotte or while in Asheville, Eurosport usually has a nice selection.

Cheers!

Keith

Yup. Found that out the hard way. Oh well, it was only about an hour and change out of my way.

I'll check out Eurosport while I'm here - thanks for the tip!

Packing in Wilmington NC. Headed out west-bound in about 1hr with offshore storm chasing me from the east. Looks like the cloud cover extends into northern SC and western NC. Guess it's potentially going to be a wet ride.

Glen must have made it to the RRI, the rains have arrived. :wave::rofl:

Been here since yesterday Bernie! :dopeslap: That's why it rained today. Tomorrow is on somebody else!

Blind Squirrel

Raining on my get together in Lewisburg WV too. Managed to outrun it for all but the last 1/2 hour of riding today.

Not sure if there will be any outrunning it tomorrow for any of us.

Anyone at FART in Asheville, we are expected at 7 PM at Fatz, up the road.

Rain or sleet. Lol

Wish I could, however, I do not think I can get back down there by then! :grin:

Anyone at FART in Asheville, we are expected at 7 PM at Fatz, up the road.

Rain or sleet. Lol

Wish I could, however, I do not think I can get back down there by then! :grin:

Bob, I heard about your mishap with the GT. I traded my 2003 K1200GT for a KTM1290SA.

Mark told me that you were considering the R1200GS as your out west bike. Go for it! You won't regret it...

Regards,

Keith

P.S. We rode together many years ago. Hope to see you at START.

Hope everyone made the best of the weather.

I was headed there Friday through chilly heavy rain when I discovered my waterproof pants no-longer were. With cold rain soaking my under britches and no spare riding pants on board, I decided my couch + football was the better option given the forecast for the weekend.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for spring plans. Hope to see y'all soon.

Even though I only got one good day of riding in (thanks for leading, Craig!) I had a great time at my first BMW event. It was nice to meet everyone and put real names and faces to user names. Next year I'll bring rain gear.

Even though I only got one good day of riding in (thanks for leading, Craig!) I had a great time at my first BMW event. It was nice to meet everyone and put real names and faces to user names. Next year I'll bring rain gear.

You're most welcome! Had a great time with you, as well. Yet another great addition to the BMWST flock! Hope to see more of you. Remember ... we live only 4 hours away from each other.

FYI: The thread where we generally post check-in information, pictures, etc. is located under Ride Tales ... in this case CLICK HERE.

Next year I'll bring rain gear.

There he is, I knew the guilty party would admit it sooner or later.

I can't believe you forgot your rain gear. :mad:

:wave::rofl:

Welcome to the madness.

Panhandle Chuck
Nice big WET FART in Asheville!

What? Quote myself?

We had two great days of riding up the long way from Florida, one average 100 mile rain ride on Friday, and decided to head south Saturday after breakfast. We managed two fairly good day rides home. It was great to see everyone, and why the roads are the "main attraction" or "head liner" of the event, sharing stories and catching up with mostly like minded riders is worth the journey!

Welcome to the madness.

Well... My plan was to stop at Competition Accessories and buy some new boots and rain gear. As you can see from my earlier post, that didn't exactly pan out. :dopeslap:

Just a question for all you FARTers...

Did anyone else get charged $14.97 for "TV services" on their RRI bill? When I called I was told I purchased a movie (Tomorrowland). I didn't even partake in the Whiskey on Thursday:-(

Might want to check your bill...

Slyder

Welcome to the madness.

Well... My plan was to stop at Competition Accessories and buy some new boots and rain gear. As you can see from my earlier post, that didn't exactly pan out. :dopeslap:

We enjoyed havin' you there ... even without rain gear. But you now have a long while to get good rain gear before START, just in case Glenn shows up again. :rofl:

Archived