IGNORED

NAV V GPS screen blanks out

BarryBeemer

BarryBeemer

It seems there have been some posts about this, but my searches have not found them. Every so often, I'll shut the bike off during a quick break during a ride. When I start up again, the Nav V screen is totally blank, but the GPS is still working as I get voice commands if I just go back to riding. If I remove the unit from the holder on the bike and hold the power button on the back, the screen usually comes back to life.

It's not a brightness issue....just seems like it doesn't like the power to be cycled off and on. Anyone else with this issue?

mountainmann

There have been problems reported with the electrical contacts on the back of the GPS being intermittent. It's probably a good idea to clean the contacts on the GPS and in the cradle once in a while.

I have had the same experience, the GPS unit does like to be short cycled. My Zumo 550 also objected to short cycling but would simply freeze.

It seems there have been some posts about this, but my searches have not found them. Every so often, I'll shut the bike off during a quick break during a ride. When I start up again, the Nav V screen is totally blank, but the GPS is still working as I get voice commands if I just go back to riding. If I remove the unit from the holder on the bike and hold the power button on the back, the screen usually comes back to life.

It's not a brightness issue....just seems like it doesn't like the power to be cycled off and on. Anyone else with this issue?

You're putting the unit to sleep with the quick off/on cycle of the key. Same as, if it's in your hand and on: if you press the power button quickly, it goes to sleep not off. To turn it off you need to hold the power button in for 5 seconds.

I've got a Nav V, but have never had that happen. When I stop for a break and turn off the bike, I simply leave the GPS on (that means having to wait for the onscreen message saying the GPS will shut off in 30 seconds and hit the "Cancel" button on the screen.

Archived