IGNORED

Help with gps mount

tekslk

I have a r1100rt that I bought used. It has what I would say is a 1 inch ball just below ignition switch. Im guessing this is a ram ball. How do I adopt a tom tom one to fit this? Ive searched but Im not entirely sure what I need.

Ram makes a cradle for the TomTom (depending on your model) and you can fit it directly to the ball or get a short arm that clamps on ball mounts on each end. I just put one on my 1100RT. I just put a Magellen on my 1150RT using the arm and I had to put 2 ball mounts back to back on top of the arm for the gps to fit. The bracket should cost about $11 and ball mounts are around $8-13 depending on where you buy. I was going to buy directly from Ram but their shipping rate was absurd so I bought from Amazon for about 1/2 the total cost of Ram direct.

Anyone have a part number for the cradle that fits directly on the ball. I have tom tom one, I don't use it in the car anymore so I though Ide put it on the bike.

You have to order the correct cradle than a small mount that accepts the ball (you can order the mount in numerous ball sizes so make sure you get the correct one). I ordered the RAM-HOL-TO10U cradle for my TomTom model and a RAM-B-238U mount with a 1" ball that attaches to the bracket with 2 screws. You can also order a mount that is square and has 4 screws but either will work. The cradle cost about $11 and the mount about $8. You can order them from Amazon once you have the part numbers and the cost will be about 1/2 of buying directly from RAM as RAM adds $15 for shipping.....da

Im looking for a cradle that mounts right to the ball maybe I have to use the extension?

You'll want at least the short extension arm, it will make positioning the GPS easy, and will give you options as to where it will sit in your field of view.

Archived