IGNORED

BMWST Stickers

hopz

May be showing my age here but...

A few years ago we, members of this forum, has BMWST Stickers made.

Does anyone have one of those old-school sticker laying around your shop or desk?

Please drop me a PM... new bike needs a little dressing up.

I have been wanting to get a men's long sleeve tee shirt, the link to merchandise has shown a 'website coming soon' message for quite some time, are they available at this time?

szurszewski
I have some BMWRT stickers but none of the "ST" version. I am a traditionalist. :grin:

Those disappeared from availability shortly after I joined - I've been pining for one ever since... *sigh*

So, do you all want BMWST or BMWRT stickers?

Assuming we make them from printed reflective material, is $2 each palatable? With shipping, that would be $5/pr.

Doug_Baliko

Assuming we make them from printed reflective material, is $2 each palatable? With shipping, that would be $5/pr.

I'm in!

Doug

greiffster

Maybe a hybrid for fun?....doesn't have to be two colors.

BMWST.png

IN!

Let me know when you have enough interest for a run

chrisolson

Admitting BMWST is more current, I'd vote for BMWRT for the nostalgia aspect. And if produced, count me in.

Jeff in VA

I'm in. BTW, BMWRT.com redirects here, so it is still a current URL. I prefer RT, even though I have a GS now.

szurszewski

Yes please! I've been pining for a BMWRT sticker since I joined. I'll definitely take a couple at least.

josh

OK, just so we're clear. There is a minimum order quantity of 250. The printer would prefer a minimum of 500 or 1000. The reflective material isn't cheap, and he's gonna have to eat what we don't use. That drives the price up.

I'm guessing at $2 each. It might be a good bit more. I doubt it will be less. We'll provide them at cost plus rounding up to the nearest dollar, plus $1 shipping (assuming they can be delivered intact via USPS in a regular envelope). If we have to go to a cardboard envelope, the shipping goes up to $3, because a non-bendable envelope pays USPS "parcel" rates. FYI, this isn't necessarily going to be a money maker for the website, but we can't afford to take a loss either.

What I'm hearing from this initial response is that there's strong nostalgia for the original "BMWRT" sticker. We'll take care of those first and see how we do. After that, if we don't lose our shirts, we'll take a look at producing BMWST stickers.

Please continue to let me know which one you want. And thanks for your input.

Here you go: This is what the Old School ones look like... thanks Ed Apelian.

IMG_1073_zpsak0xiaqr.jpg

Very nice! I love the older MOA stickers better than the new ones as well. Have to dig them out and put one on my new GSA.

I'm in. BTW, BMWRT.com redirects here, so it is still a current URL. I prefer RT, even though I have a GS now.

Jeff, you're right. We own both domains, BMWRT.com and BMWST.com. Among the things that member contributions and donations go to is renewing these domains. Last year, GoDaddy had a promotion, and I was able to secure both domains until July, 2020, for about 30% off, so I did it. And BMWRT will continue to forward to BMWST, at least until then. So if you've got a BMWRT sticker on your bike, and someone sees it and tries to find the old site, they'll get rerouted to us.

Coinneach

Put me down for a pair of ST, please.

I am new, but I like to think I have sense enough to strike while the iron is hot. I'll take three pair of them, @$5. I defer to more senior members about the RT/ST. If both were available I guess I'd rather have RT, but whatever.

I'm "in" for a pair too...

Got one (BMWST) way back at the John Day UN for my former 07 RT but that was peeled off (with difficulty - really durable material) as moto prepped for sale in 2012.

Although I think BMWRT is kinda retro cool and in theme with what most of here ride, BMWST is more aligned with forum recognition. For that reason, I vote ordering that version...

Can we see a sample before purchasing. GT

If we're going for the nostalgic and original BMWRT.com sticker, it's going to look like this one posted above.

IMG_1073_zpsak0xiaqr.jpg

greiffster

If we're going for the nostalgic and original BMWRT.com sticker, it's going to look like this one posted above.

There seems to be a lot of support for the old school sticker. I actually kind of like it as well. But, it's Monday so I'll play devil's advocate.

It's really only cool nostalgic to you if you were here back then. Otherwise, it's probably just confusing. Ultimately, since the domain points to the correct website anyway, it doesn't really matter. But, if the sticker is (in some part) for the purpose of promoting the website to those not familiar with it, then I would argue that BMWST.com is more appropriate.

Many of the responses have been from senior member who have a history here, back in the day. I'm just throwing out a perspective from a short timer. Flame away, I can take it.

szurszewski

There seems to be a lot of support for the old school sticker. I actually kind of like it as well. But, it's Monday so I'll play devil's advocate.

It's really only cool nostalgic to you if you were here back then. Otherwise, it's probably just confusing. Ultimately, since the domain points to the correct website anyway, it doesn't really matter. But, if the sticker is (in some part) for the purpose of promoting the website to those not familiar with it, then I would argue that BMWST.com is more appropriate.

Many of the responses have been from senior member who have a history here, back in the day. I'm just throwing out a perspective from a short timer. Flame away, I can take it.

I get your point(s); my counter is, beyond promoting the site, I ride an RT... and I guess that's the end of my counter :)

Seems to me BMWRT decals at this point would be like printing something other than the signature ADV for those that forum. My preference remains BMWST unless there is sentiment to revert back the original forum name...

Fear not. There will likely be both BMWRT and BMWST stickers available. Just not both of them immediately.

I'm ok with $5. More than fair I think.

Sorry, I know I'm not helping, but, ST or RT is fine with me.

Archived