IGNORED

LED turn signal/running lights

CWD

Anyone out there replaced their front turn signals with LEDs? Your thoughts on the outcome? And does anyone know of an option to allow the turn signals to work as white running lights while not flashing a turn signal? I thought I saw this online a few months ago but can't find it anymore.

If you've done this, please post a picture in the running condition.

Morning CWD

If using LED bulbs then you will probably need to use resistors to increase the circuit load enough to make them flash. (or find LED bulbs with resistors in them)

As for adding white running lights-- If you put them in the T/S housings then the light output will be lens color or if clear lens's then bulb color.

If you (drill holes) and add addition bulbs then you can have clear bulbs for running lights & orange for turn signals. But if you have orange lens's then the running lights will be orange.

If you just add in new sockets & use dual filament bulbs then your running lights will be bulb color (clear lens), or lens color (tinted lens's).

OR--if you just want to make your current T/S lights into T/S + running lights then look at the Kisan Signal Minder (RUNNING LIGHT OPTION):

"By attaching two quick-connect wires included, you can convert ALL FOUR turn signals to running lights and establish a dual-channel system on your bike".

Have you looked up "Blinker Genie" They flip the light normally off to a normally on. Your signal lights will stay on and flash off. I have the LED's on the front with the driving lights on full time. They work well.

Have you looked up "Blinker Genie" They flip the light normally off to a normally on. Your signal lights will stay on and flash off. I have the LED's on the front with the driving lights on full time. They work well.

Never heard of it. I just google the site, but I'm a little confused. Did you buy their product, PLUS some LED replacement lights, or just their product? And do you have a picture or video link of your bike with them installed?

Thanks.

Two separate purchases. I originally put them on the back to get more visibility. Did a little more research and found that full time amber lights on the back were illegal, had to take them off. I can get you pictures next week, I am traveling in Mexico. The bike is in Canada.

Another option is to use TruFLEX Dual Converter from Custom Dynamics.

Link

Scroll to the bottom of the page. I've used these to change LED arrays into a combination tail/stoplight.

• 2 weeks later...
shorttimin

I'll give the Hornig lights a thumbs up. They shipped from Germany really quickly, were a very easy install. The white LED strip is powered by tapping into the little "candle" bulb power line.

On my 1100RT, the white running lights illuminate the road about ten feet out, about 90 degrees coverage on each side.

Archived