IGNORED

Replacement for RT buy-back

Jeff in VA

I went with the buy-back for my new RT last year, so I've been without a bike for a while. After test-riding several bikes, including an Indian Chieftain and a Harley Road Glide, I landed on a 2015 R1200GS. Very nice bike!

If you add a set of highway pegs to the GS you can stretch out similar to the Chieftain and RG's riding position. Best of both worlds, IMO.

Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

98dfa0c0-4ac7-4c25-8663-6a3feaa7bdfd_zpsac6dce00.jpg

Adventure Designs

Pat

I went with the buy-back for my new RT last year, so I've been without a bike for a while. After test-riding several bikes, including an Indian Chieftain and a Harley Road Glide, I landed on a 2015 R1200GS. Very nice bike!

Ha! I did the same thing before getting my current bike. I rode all sorts of bikes. That's a range for sure.

Nice!

As is the driveway :) I was trying to figure out where in Fairfax a driveway that nice could be, then realized where off Burke Station you are. I'm a stone's throw from Fairfax HS, next to the golf course (need any golf balls? we get 'em by the bucket in the summer from the non-PGA-level players!)

Hi Mark - you got it right. We are right on the corner at Burke Station Rd. The folks who did the driveway for us also built a matching front walk, walk around the house, and patio.

After the final episode of Newhart, living next to a golf course would make me nervous. :-)

32i9Cn

Still haven't figured out how to get the image to appear here... :-(

On Flickr, when you click on a photo, there is an icon that you click for "Sharing". That pops-up a box--select BB-Code, and copy the link. Just paste the link here, like this:

17237483805_5879bc2947_c.jpgNew bike by jeffreyrneal, on Flickr

There is a tutorial on how to post photos from Flickr here on BMWST:

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=895677#Post895677 (Written by me. :grin:)

Oh, and Nice bike!

Archived