IGNORED

A life comment --

mneblett

As stressful as life can be at times (work, finances, family, etc.), every now and then you need to step back and think about where you are.

After >30 years, wife and I still like each other.

Son is doing well at Virginia Tech and gets to head to a summer engineering school in Darmshadt, Germany next month.

Mom, approaching 77, is still sharp and looks good for another 20 years (her dad made it to 88).

I have my therapy room. I spent the day repairing crash damage to my RT-P and installing a couple accessories. At the end of the work I shuffled bike back into the garage, and realized how fortunate I am with the toys and the space to place with them:

3d2e322d-5ec3-432d-b22d-f7822a8bb707_zpsvtlo7npa.jpg

A trio of RTs is not a hard life, no matter how bad work was that day. :D

How right you are Mark.

I had a conversation with a college classmate this week.

Graduated from college 46 years ago. How time flies. All I could say to him was how blessed I am. Same wife for 47 years. Three children all married to their first spouse. 6 healthy grandkids. Time and money to travel and health that allows us to do so. 2 bikes in the garage.

When I get too grouchy, Nancy reminds me to pay attention and think about what is really important. Everything else is just "stuff".

Thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, you are fortunate.

We are fortunate too, and we do our best to keep this in mind. The wife and I just have one bike apiece (no cars). We lost a pile of money when we sold the house. And I just killed a big ugly cockroach a moment ago. But today we went surfing for the first time. Aloha! :-)

A trio of RTs is not a hard life, no matter how bad work was that day. :D

Yeah, but if you want to get that far RT out, then you have to move the RTP, and its just work, work, work. :grin:

Seriously, nice post. It's easy to loose perspective and sometimes I need reminding.

Thanks for the reminder. We too, are truly blessed. We just got down the calendar, and worked out the dates for our upcoming trip to Alaska.

Retirement has been fun, we have our health, and the kids and g-kids are all doing fine.

Thanks for the reminder. We too, are truly blessed. We just got down the calendar, and worked out the dates for our upcoming trip to Alaska.

Retirement has been fun, we have our health, and the kids and g-kids are all doing fine.

Looking forward to reading the photo ride report on your Alaska trip!

Thanks for the reminder. I can get pretty grumpy and cynical at times. I only experienced bad things for 34 years.

Agreed we're lucky to be where we are. The good news for you is that you don't have to deal with that anymore so, smile, take a deep breath, smell your coffee and remember those days are BEHIND you. :)

It's going to be a good day if no one is shoveling dirt in your face!

Archived