IGNORED

An old bike, brand new with a 2-year warranty.

Boffin

Feeling the need to get back to my biking roots, today I went out and bought this.

IMG_1816-L.jpg

IMG_1817-L.jpg

IMG_1818-L.jpg

She is a 2015 Indian built Royal Enfield Bullet 500 EFI.

This latest Bullet is the biggest change to the engine since the Bullet was introduced in 1953 - for the first time, it has twin spark, integral gearbox and electronic fuel injection.

With a massive 27bhp and a staggering top-speed of 85mph I am hoping it will take me lazily down back-lanes, rumbling back to my early motorcycling days. (please note use of British ironic humour)

Andy

Awesome. I love it. I have an "old" Honda CB125 in the garage that was the first street bike I ever rode. I'm dealing with some stupid title transfer crap due to my father and uncle being idiots 20 years ago, but the thing brings a smile to my face every times kick it over and ride it up the street. I can't wait to legally get it on the road.

Good for you!

Just the right bike for those back lanes that you remember from your youth!

Waxed cotton riding suit to go with????

"...Prince of darkness ..."

Methinks that should probably be 'Beloved and Blessed Maharaja of Reduced Everlasting Brightness'.

Leaving politics and religion out of it, what a wonderful choice Andy.

Now, if someone could revive the Black Shadow.

MB>

The idea of puttering down a country lane, the power pulses keeping rhythm with one's heartbeat as a massive crank and flywheel damp the explosions into silky forward motion does have a certain romance to it. And I think it's something I might want to try. But I'm not quite sure it's something I'm ready to own. Perhaps not just yet.

Chuck Hatcher

... you get a 1953-type bike without all the 1953 issues.

That's one way to look at it. You could also say you get a 2015 bike without all the 2015, err, yeah, you got it right the first time.

Archived