IGNORED

Are you a Rider or a Poster?

OlGeezer

It's time for the annual miles per post thread.

I joined this forum on March 29, 2005. Since then, I have ridden 138,196 miles. This is my 1,919th post. My average is 72 miles per post.

Submit your data. The average will determine if you are a rider or a poster.

Go!

Joe Frickin' Friday

17,000 posts, 173,000 miles. 10 miles per post. Winters are a bit longer here than in Orange County.

Bill I think I have about the same mileage as you. But I have about one post per 50 to 100 feet, as I post here and on a few hundred other forums.

But also, I type faster than the eye can see.

So in terms of time, I don't know.

dc

Hank R1200RT

Don't have precise stats...not anal retentive enough, I guess. But joined October 2014, about 4000 miles along the way, 37 posts, average about 110 miles per post. My commute is about 25 miles/day, work 4 days/week, and post about once a week.

But t doesn't matter how much or how little you post - get your gear on and ride!

Almost thought you were asking if you are a rider or a poser.

I was riding about 12,000 miles per year on a cop bike..most annual miles I've ever ridden.

But then I was mostly parked at the donut shop.

Interesting question.

So a new member who rode 500 miles and posted once is 4 times the rider than those whose average is 125 miles per post?

With the built in bias of the question, you can guess which category I'm in. :grin:

The important thing is the important questions are now being asked. And answered.

I stop for donuts nearly every day. I don't care who sees me. They are all stopping for donuts too.

dc

I'm usually sitting in the same spot on the couch when I'm posting. So since Einstein was correct I see zero miles per post. But the earth is spinning at a rate of about 1000 mph. I've covered about 70 million miles since I joined. If you add in 67000 mph for travel around the sun, lets see... 4.74 billion miles. That leaves me at 2.3 million miles per post? Somebody check my math.

I'm usually sitting in the same spot on the couch when I'm posting. So since Einstein was correct I see zero miles per post. But the earth is spinning at a rate of about 1000 mph. I've covered about 70 million miles since I joined. If you add in 67000 mph for travel around the sun, lets see... 4.74 billion miles. That leaves me at 2.3 million miles per post? Somebody check my math.

Can't check your math. Thinking about it makes my head hurt. :rofl::wave:

PS, this was done once before and got lots of real answers.

Marty must not have had his coffee yet, because I checked your math and I'm happy to say that it's looking good. At a latitude of 19.65 degrees in Kona, your rough estimate of 1,000 mph Earth rotational speed is good enough by accepted BMWST standards per the chart below. You included Sun speed which is also about right. I would not, however, conclude that it was the right time to total your MPP (miles per post). Let's not forget that the Sun is moving at a speed of roughly 483,000 miles per hour around the galaxy, and the Milky Way is hauling along at a speed of 1.3 Million MPH through the Universe, depending on your point of reference. YMMV depending on where you live, which might explain why Marty gave up so easily. God only knows where he is from.

How anyone could not care about this is beyond me. If we are not BMW riders and haircut analyzers afterall, we are nothing.

i-zXx6Jjm-M.jpg

For the uninitiated:

You guys could analyze a haircut.
Lighthiker90

I didn't realize how many miles I missed out on last year. I guess I am neither.

10,974 miles 150 posts. 73.6 miles per post

Huh, never thought of it that way, but 42,000 on my 2004 R1150RT and 14,000 so far on my 2013 K1600GT gives me 56,000 miles and 199 posts before this one. Looks like 281 miles per post...

I also admit who cares

120,000 miles and 991 posts. thats 122 posts per mile!

Alan

I don't think so. 122 post PER MILE???????? Seriously????? :rofl:

Joined in 2013, 56 posts, 42,000 Kilometers, 18 months snow free riding weather.

Planning 12 to 15 K this summer, I hope that makes me a rider LOL.

Ron

You left out the miles the solar system has gone rotating about the center of the Milky Way and of course, you left out the really big one which the distance all particles have moved from the center of the Big Bang.

Sorry this is a stupid premise. I've been a member since 2004 and ridden lots of miles. What is the correlation between posting and how much time you spend in the saddle? I lurk most times and don't post until something inane catches my eye and I have to say as much.

Sorry this is a stupid premise. I've been a member since 2004 and ridden lots of miles. What is the correlation between posting and how much time you spend in the saddle? I lurk most times and don't post until something inane catches my eye and I have to say as much.

Geez, Gradude, it's just a fun thing to do at the beginning of the riding season. Why take it so seriously? You know when you joined. You know how many miles you've ridden since you joined. The math is easy. Why are you being such a fuddy-duddy ?

Guess with my mileage I am a weekend warrior. I ride for fun.
Yep, your name says how much fun you are having. It's not mandatory to play the game if you don't want to.
The big bang is old school. No more big bang.

http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

Geez, I guess you would argue whether the sun is shining or not. Regardless of whether there was a starting point or not, there is evidence that we are not only moving away from a point, but we are accelerating!

Oh, and all those miles accumulated while spinning around the earth and as the earth spins around the sun, so does everyone else, so that mileage doesn't matter anyway.

What a bunch of curmudgeons on this list!

What a bunch of curmudgeons on this list!

Just having a little fun is all. Not that we aren't curmudgeons, that is. And I am a certified poseur poster here, but a big beefy ridin' stud over on Advrider, from a post per mile perspective.

Did someone say, rib bones per mile? ;) Oh no he won't! :grin: Oh well let's see, 960 rib bones in about 130,000 BMW miles. That's about 135.5 miles per rib bone. :rofl:

Truth be told, those numbers are twenty years playing this BMW rib game. :)

Pat

Since 2004 looks like somewhere around 520 miles per post. Not sure those numbers can be useful in identifying anything about a member.

• 3 weeks later...
Deltamark

Joined in April 2006. I think about my 112 posts and most are probably along the lines of, "how can I maintain / repair my bike back to get it on the road?" And due to the help received here, rode 135,300 happy miles : ) 1,208 per post.

It's time for the annual miles per post thread.

I joined this forum on March 29, 2005. Since then, I have ridden 138,196 miles. This is my 1,919th post. My average is 72 miles per post.

Submit your data. The average will determine if you are a rider or a poster.

Go!

Since joining in 2003, 99,978 miles and 28 posts. You do the math, I'm out riding. I think 3571 miles / post

It's been so long between posts that somebody said you died! :wave::grin:

Good to see you padding your post count with this thread. :grin::grin::rofl:

RIde anywhere interesting recently???????

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Bought my RT IN 2010 w/20,500K. Now it has 83,9xx and I've posted 17 times. That makes it 3732 miles and a bit per post. Oh, wait, this makes 18 posts now, so it's 3524. For what it's worth....

Archived