IGNORED

2015 BMW R1200 RTW right side cover

Antknee

Hi all, has anyone had an issue replacing the triangular right side cover that provides access to the brake fluid resevoir? I had to pop it off to retrieve the batter SAE connector and cannot for the life of me get all three plastic nubs to snap into the rubber receptors, particularly the upper right one. Anyone else have this problem, or solution?

Thanks,

Antknee

David Kaetz

While I haven't had this problem on '14 RT, I have on other bikes. Put a tiny bit of silicone dielectric grease on the plastic nubs. It will not degrade the rubber. Don't overdo it.

While I haven't had this problem on '14 RT, I have on other bikes. Put a tiny bit of silicone dielectric grease on the plastic nubs. It will not degrade the rubber. Don't overdo it.

What he said. I use a silicone lube spray -- you just need a tiny bit. It's really helpful to prevent those nubbies from binding and they'll pop right in. If you ever get more bodywork panels off it will significantly lessen the possibility of damaging a panel as you're trying to force it back on.

Jim VonBaden

Two things. Put the rubber in the mount and add a couple drops of super glue to hold the rubber to the mount. Then a drop of machine oil on the stud and it will go in and out without hassles. This works on the GSw as well.

Jim :Cool:

Archived