IGNORED

Wheel Circuit Reservoir Cap

Tourmaster

Hi All,

I am in the process of putting together an assortment parts and tools to perform some pre-tour maintenance and fluid changes on my Ireland based 2004 R1150RT. I was wanting to construct a "BMW Integral ABS System Wheel Circuit Reservoir Filling Adapter", as shown in the document by Dana E. Hager and Charles B. Gilman (found it somewhere on this forum). I priced out the BMW Cap at my local repair shop (not the stealership) and was quoted $62.93 + shipping for a pair, it was the only way it comes. B.B. has the complete funnel adapter for 34.95, shipping to my neck of the woods is an additional 32.25 or 41.75, depending on chosen method...looking at the north side of 70 bucks + exchange + whatever duty the customs folks see fit to collect.

So, I'm looking at machining one, does anyone know what thread size the cap is? As I mentioned my RT is across the pond and I don't have access to one here.

Thanks,

Rick

Evening Tourmaster

That seems like an awful lot of money or an awful lot of work when all you need is rubber stopper with a hole drilled in it & a long neck funnel (or I use a cut down water bottle).

Been using a rubber stopper & plastic bottle (with short spout) pushed into a hole in the stopper for YEARS, with no leaks, no mess, & no issues.

Old thread click here

Hi DR,

I checked out the link, sounds good enough to me. The 'expensive' funnel / cap solution mentioned 2 different part numbers for the BMW cap, depending on the year of manufacture. The part list in the link you provided has the bike as an 02 1150RT using McMaster-Carr # 9545K27 rubber stopper, do I need a different one or is the rubber stopper a 'universal' fit?

Thanks,

Rick

... do I need a different one or is the rubber stopper a 'universal' fit?

Thanks,

Rick

The link mentions a #2 stopper at Lowe's. Not sure what the #2 means, but it fits. Try your local hardware store.

I don't like the idea of cork, because a small fragment could flake off and block something in the brake circuit. I had a caliper seize once, and discovered an incredibly small piece of dirt causing the problem.

Archived