IGNORED

Announcing RideSmart MMXV... - August 7/8

Huzband

I think I am the only on with an RT. :rofl:

Nope. Trying to decide between taking the '04 RT-P or the '15 RTW -- either way, it will be an RT. :)

I may be slow, but I'll be comfortable -- both during the day while all of the rickyracer bikes zoom away from me, and in the evening while they are all massaging their wrists. ;)

Either RT will be fine. This is not a speed evemt, I think all the training is done between 30 and 35 mph.

Training is done at the speed limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update Bump.

New tires, PR-4 GT's mounted, GPS cradle replaced and a rear mounted GoPro camera mount made.

Can't wait to get out of the oven, ahem FL and get into some higher elevations and cooler temps.

I'll be setting up meetings for Friday night & Saturday night tomorrow. emails to follow.

If you need any help with set-up on Friday, let me know -- I'm riding down on Thursday.

And Mark, let me know if you'd like some company on the ride down. I'm in Alex, and am planning to depart on the 6th as well.

Hiya -- I'm still planning on slabbing it down on the 6th, leaving circa 8-ish (like that level of precision??) from Fairfax City.

If you would like, we can try it and see whether our riding styles are compatible; you could always break off and head on down on your own if not. Or ignore this and I'll meet you down there ;)

Mark

Well I just had my rear wheel flange replaced this morning, as part of the recall campaign. Guess now I won't have an excuse for my lacklustre performance. :grin:

Well I just had my rear wheel flange replaced this morning, as part of the recall campaign. Guess now I won't have an excuse for my lacklustre performance. :grin:

Good for you, see you Friday.

Bernie, I can't believe you're taking this course! Or, are you instructing?

I am supposed to instruct, but it will be a good refresher for me at the same time. Besides I need to get out of town for a good ride. Leaving as soon as I can on Tuesday.

Last time I rode with Bernie it seemed to me he needed the refresher course. :rofl:

Just kidding - hope you all have a great time! :thumbsup:

Last time I rode with Bernie it seemed to me he needed the refresher course. :rofl:

Practice makes you better. :wave:

Just kidding - hope you all have a great time! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Bob. Too bad you're not coming down too.

Too bad you're not coming down too.

Mark I wish I could be there as well! I had a great experience taking RideSmart in May 2007!

Shawn, Steve, Joel, Chris & John instructors and most of the students, as am I, still active with BMWST. These people are the reason I love BMWST's boards, events, and fellowship! :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of pics from the 2007 RideSmart. (note I had hair back then) :grin:

And yes that is Shannon (fellow student) in the back of the room.

The group at dinner Fri. night.

140583391-M.jpg

The first meeting place, Looking Glass falls.

140599217-M.jpg

Well, the bike is loaded, oil topped off, air pressure in tires double checked, GPS loaded with all kind of nonsense routes.

I think I am ready for a ride, come on TUESDAY Morning. Tick tacktick tack.

:cry::wave:

Yes, Craig, I am making a short vacation out of it. Has to last me till FART 2015.

See you all Thursday evening, unless someone wants to meet me for lunch in Spruce Pine on Thursday.

Mark I wish I could be there as well! I had a great experience taking RideSmart in May 2007!

Shawn, Steve, Joel, Chris & John instructors and most of the students, as am I, still active with BMWST. These people are the reason I love BMWST's boards, events, and fellowship! :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of pics from the 2007 RideSmart. (note I had hair back then) :grin:

140583391-M.jpg

That was my first RS. Thankfully, I'm out of camera range. :grin:

BTW, sorry for the delay, but I've been buried in work lately & just plain forgot. I'll make reservations for Friday night, Sat lunch, & Sat night tomorrow. I promise. :Cool:

Reservations are set for our meetings. I'll send an email out when I get home tonight, but in the meantime here are the particulars. I left everything under the Matt Sturgis group for simplicity. All meetings & meals are on the hotel grounds.

Fri 6pm; Supper & introductions. This is a mandatory meeting.

Sat 1pm; Lunch

Sat 7pm; Supper, video review & discussion.

I'll see some of you Thu, & the rest on Fri. Be safe getting there!

The forecast for this weekend looks like it may be a bit wet from time to time, but I recall that Matt observed this could actually be a good thing ( ! ). Keep an eye on weather.com & gear accordingly, folks. I'm hoping to make it down by (late) dinner time on Thursday evening, and am really looking forward to this.

Don't forget to do your homework assignments, folks!

Wish I could be there with you guys and gal this weekend. I wound up with a new job that required me to emigrate to TX. Y'all take it easy on these guys, you're in great hands. This is one of the best groups of instructors I can imagine and some of the finest riders I've ever chased around a mountain.

Emails are sent with the schedule for the weekend. If you don't get it, shoot me a PM with your email.

See ya"ll Thursday or Friday. :wave:

140583391-M.jpg

That was my first RS. Thankfully, I'm out of camera range. :grin:

That was my first BMWST event of any kind... and I'm still here!!! What a great legacy this program has become!!

Wish I could be there with you guys and gal this weekend. I wound up with a new job that required me to emigrate to TX. Y'all take it easy on these guys, you're in great hands. This is one of the best groups of instructors I can imagine and some of the finest riders I've ever chased around a mountain.

We're going to miss you too Jethro! :grin:

Course modules have been sent. If I missed you & you don't have them, shoot me a PM with your email & I'll get them out ASAP. Thanks for everyones patience.

In route to RideSmart.

Seeking shelter in Blairsville from the 106 degree heat in GA. I should be in Little Switzerland tomorrow night.

Hopefully it starts cooling off soon.

Shocks and PR4 GT's are doing great.

I would like to take the opportunity to offer a huge thanks to Danny and all the instructors who took the time to help us non ride smarters expand our motorcycle riding toolkits. I personally found this weekend to be extremely beneficial and Sunday morning the full Charlotte NC area contingent had a nice long practice run. I'll speak for myself in saying I know I have a ways to go to perfect these techniques but even at my current level of understanding I can see great promise and look forward to much more proficient riding.

I would like to take the opportunity to offer a huge thanks to Danny and all the instructors who took the time to help us non ride smarters expand our motorcycle riding toolkits. I personally found this weekend to be extremely beneficial and Sunday morning the full Charlotte NC area contingent had a nice long practice run. I'll speak for myself in saying I know I have a ways to go to perfect these techniques but even at my current level of understanding I can see great promise and look forward to much more proficient riding.

It was a pleasure working with you this weekend! I am SO glad that you found it useful! Look forward to hearing more success stories as you continue to practice and perfect the techniques. :)

My thoughts exactly. THANKS SO MUCH to Danny and all the instructors that made this vital training available to us! Life-changing info taught here!

Bud T.

Red '05 R1200RT

I think I speak for all the instructors when I say it's our pleasure to impart wisdom that was so generously taught us by others in the past. It's sort of a RideSmart responsibility to pass on what you've learned.

So watch out, the next RS instructor just might be you! :grin:

Hey Folks,

I'm nearly finished with the video production and will be posting links to the video (in two parts) later tonight but it will be over in the Ride Tales Riding Smart Check In thread. So, look for it there. This is the Planning thread.

Archived