IGNORED

Announcing RideSmart MMXV... - August 7/8

Huzband

Matts_12GS
You know Matt did that for the bourbon, scotch and beer.

Well, I am sure the students will reemburse him. :Cool:

If Matt can get me to ride around a corner without falling I'll certainly buy him a beer, tha's asking a lot of him though.

Terry

I love a good challenge. Sometimes even a bad one.

We'll get you around corners. Heck, if we have time, maybe I'll do a little parking lot session and work on some full lock figure 8s with you kids.

greiffster

We'll get you around corners. Heck, if we have time, maybe I'll do a little parking lot session and work on some full lock figure 8s with you kids.

We're going to need that on video please.

Matts_12GS

The corners or the figure 8s?

greiffster

Yes, please.

Yes, please.

Greiffster, does this mean you will be signing up as a alternate?

That would be the only way to see those videos. :wave:

greiffster

Greiffster, does this mean you will be signing up as a alternate?

That would be the only way to see those videos. :wave:

I was trying to rearrange my schedule because I have a thing that weekend. And then it filled up with 9 alternates in about 2 days. Which is good, but I figured it wasn't meant to be.

I want see the video, not be in the video. :grin:

Matts_12GS

you can see the video after you are IN the video.

There's only one alternate now.. Sign up!!!!!!

Uhhhhhh, can we talk about that video thing Matt?

Terry

Don't worry Terry, only people in the Witness Protection program get featured in the videos. Don't worry, you will be fine.

:thumbsup:

terryofperry

That is OK, I am too old to be embarrassed by much. Just saying it will not be pretty and that parking lot for figure eights will need to be huge.

Looking forward to it.

Be well.

Terry

If Matt can get me to ride around a corner without falling I'll certainly buy him a beer, tha's asking a lot of him though.

Terry

I love a good challenge. Sometimes even a bad one.

Session 7? Not a bad idea, but don't count on it. It's a longer day than you might think, & you're gonna be tarred. But if the younguns are up for it...mayhaps an opt in. We'll see how the day goes

lawnchairboy

I have a conflicting family mission on those dates, out for this one.

chris

Matts_12GS

On the plus side, we have more space for alternates on the list. If you want to come to this amazing class, please sign up and we'll keep you posted if an opportunity to attend presents itself.

Despite my abiding love of live blues, craft beer, and tasty BBQ, I've had a close look at the calendar, gnashed my teeth & scratched my head a bit, and decided to stay IN for RideSmart, but must bow OUT for the B5Q/Rubber Chicken.

Craig is a better logistician than I am, having figured this out about a week sooner than I did. It would have been great to make the run from Snowshoe down to 'Lil Swiss -- looks like it's only about 6.5 or 7 hours on back roads -- with maybe some camping in between, but burning up the extra annual leave would mess up some other summer plans.

All of which is to say that I'm staying true to my RideSmart school.

Fathom, glad you got your priorities straight! It will be good to catch up and get some more book recommendations.

All of which is to say that I'm staying true to my RideSmart school.

+1 -- I've had a trip come up the week of the school. I've worked it out so I can fly back from London to Virginia in the afternoon of 8/5 to ensure I can be on the road heading down there the morning of 8/6. :D

Ahh, Dan -- you're in? That is most cool.

Meanwhile, just finished The Discreet Hero by Mario Vargas Llosa (very good) and am now working through Migratory Animals by Mary Helen Specht (even better).

And Mark, let me know if you'd like some company on the ride down. I'm in Alex, and am planning to depart on the 6th as well.

"There's fever in the bunkhouse now..." - Rolling Stones

just a quick bump to keep this on the radar.

We will be sending out some riders information in early July to prepare our participants.

As a reminder, there is currently nobody on the waitlist so if you think you may be able to make this course, please sign up.

Hey, Will ... it sounds like Kay is not coming along. Maybe she's busy, or not interested in riding in Aug heat, or whatever, however Terri's coming along and will simply entertain herself at this exceptional venue while we're all out learning. I just received an email notification that the Switzerland inn now has a spa ... so Terri's excited about that. Perhaps Kay could just drive down and enjoy a few quiet days at a beautiful venue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd to welcome a late addition to our roster of cat herders, TN_R11_GIRL. She brings with her experience, a great perspective, & a high tolerance for all the other cat herders, which may well be her greatest asset. Happy to have you along, Shannon. :thumbsup:

Glenn Reed
I'd to welcome a late addition to our roster of cat herders, TN_R11_GIRL. She brings with her experience, a great perspective, & a high tolerance for all the other cat herders, which may well be her greatest asset. Happy to have you along, Shannon. :thumbsup:

As well as a high tolerance for dealing with left brained engineering types like Keith and I!

Matts_12GS

We need to also remember that we have FOOT on board his shiny new WC-GSA, He's a great rider and coach with loads of experience on many different brands of bike. If it's got wheels, he'll teach you how to get better on it.

As well as a high tolerance for dealing with left brained engineering types like Keith and I!

Being a left-brained engineering type, and having a wife I met when she was teaching her first MSF class (30-mumble-mumble some years ago), I expect Shannon will be able to deal with me well. :dopeslap:

My experience is female instructors are better to learn from -- more patience and more intuitive understanding of how to deal with the various personalities encountered. The only problems my wife ever had were idiots with a "oh, she's just a girl, she can't know squat about motorcycles" attitude -- i.e., the ones least likely to learn anything before she whipped past them.

lawnchairboy

She is more than just a girl of course. In addition to her many other talents and spectacular personality, she also has a very important mission:

She maintains the blue snuggie in its hermetically sealed snuggle-vault.

An important duty.

:wave:

:clap::thumbsup:

We need to also remember that we have FOOT on board his shiny new WC-GSA, He's a great rider and coach with loads of experience on many different brands of bike. If it's got wheels, he'll teach you how to get better on it.

More great news.

I have it on questionable authority that he'll be offering test rides. :clap:

She is more than just a girl of course. In addition to her many other talents and spectacular personality, she also has a very important mission:

An important duty.

I have it on questionable authority that the snuggie is wrapped around the large bottle of MM which is in her possession for care and safekeeping. :rofl:

Well, I think I should change tires before I head north, just in case.

TKC80's will fit the RT you know. :grin:

Not a bad idea, since this RideSmart will be on dirt roads anyway.

I think I am the only on with an RT. :rofl:

Not a bad idea, since this RideSmart will be on dirt roads anyway.

Don't forget Dick has a Connie 14, so you won't be alone. Plus, he has off road experience. (hope he doesn't see this.) :P

Nope.

I'll sing up for next in line. Probably won't get to go, but if nothing else, it shows the interest in a great program like this.

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks, Dave. You're 4th alternate.

We will be sending out some riders information in early July to prepare our participants.

As a reminder, there is currently nobody on the waitlist so if you think you may be able to make this course, please sign up.

Don't want to hear me 'sing' or what?! I guess I can't blame anyone for that, but I was under the impression I was on the list - sent a PM to Matt on May 7th.

Matts_12GS
I'll sing up for next in line. Probably won't get to go, but if nothing else, it shows the interest in a great program like this.

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks, Dave. You're 4th alternate.

Don't want to hear me 'sing' or what?! I guess I can't blame anyone for that, but I was under the impression I was on the list - sent a PM to Matt on May 7th.

Dave, I made a mistake, please accept my apology.

You are the #1 alternate at this point.

We have a class of 12 currently, but if there is a drop, we'll reach out quickly.

Once again, please accept my apology for the oversight.

Thanks Matt. I should have re-PM'd you when I didn't hear back from you in May, but at that time with me being 4th in line, I figured you had more pressing issues to deal with than a guy way down on the list. I've always had a very strong interest in this. 4 or 5 years ago I was in a similar situation with the RideSmart class then - I would have been a alternate pretty far down the list, so I don't think I bothered to get on the list that time. The last two years I've not been able to ride much at all for various reasons and that led to a decline in my board participation. Things have finally settled down and I've been able to resume serious riding again. But I'm off everyone's radar so I've missed a few trip opportunities this year I normally went on. It's just been that kind of summer. :)

I appreciate what you and the other volunteers do. Thanks for the explanation - no apology necessary.

The tar snake convention I ran across recently only reinforced my desire (need) for a higher skill set and better roadcraft.

An important duty.

Bwahaha!!! So True!!!

Looking forward to seeing all you gents!

I have it on questionable authority that the snuggie is wrapped around the large bottle of MM which is in her possession for care and safekeeping. :rofl:

It may well be... but neither The Snuggie nor the MM will be making an appearance at RideSmart ... too much serious business to be conducted! (Seriously!) :)

It may well be... but neither The Snuggie nor the MM will be making an appearance at RideSmart ... too much serious business to be conducted! (Seriously!) :)

Good, perhaps that bodes well for FART, which I'm not even planning on attending. :wave:

Wait, what? This is serious? Had I known I wouldn't have invited Matt. :grin:

Wait, what? This is serious? Had I known I wouldn't have invited Matt. :grin:

:rofl:

Nope. Trying to decide between taking the '04 RT-P or the '15 RTW -- either way, it will be an RT. :)

I may be slow, but I'll be comfortable -- both during the day while all of the rickyracer bikes zoom away from me, and in the evening while they are all massaging their wrists. ;)

Nope. Trying to decide between taking the '04 RT-P or the '15 RTW -- either way, it will be an RT. :)

I may be slow, but I'll be comfortable -- both during the day while all of the rickyracer bikes zoom away from me, and in the evening while they are all massaging their wrists. ;)

Either RT will be fine. This is not a speed evemt, I think all the training is done between 30 and 35 mph.

Also sorry to confuse everyone, but I was just trying to tease most of the local guys, that mainly ride GS and GSA's. After all everyone knows the RT's are faster. :rofl::wave:

Archived