IGNORED

Look what followed me home!

ltljohn

I think I'll keep it.

2015 650 V-Strom XT ABS

0411151130-M.jpg

I finally had to admit that I will never be comfortable with my RT, it is just too tall and heavy. Even with all I have done to lower it I always have to be extra choosy where I stop so I don't drop it. After lots of research and the counsel of good friends I went with the Wee.

Yes this is also tall but it is much lighter and I can lower it with just an easy inexpensive mod. See you all at the UN!

Nice scoot. Getting a bike that fits you and your needs is key to enjoying the ride. Sometimes manufacturers just don't offer what you need, or the price is too high for what you get. My Kawasaki EX650 is not what most people would ever consider as the platform for a sport touring bike, but it worked out well for me.

Your new bike will have lots of aftermarket products to help you customize it to fit your exact needs.

You need to be comfortable. If you are uncomfortable, you are most likely not thinking about the things you should be thinking about while riding. Be Safe and Ride On

Get a Rostra electronic cruise control on that like I have on my V strom and you will think it was a born highway cruiser! 16t countershaft sprocket drops the revs a bit and makes the speedometer dead accurate.

See you all at the UN!

So, are you Ridin' the Strom out? :D

Looks like Suzuki took back their beak. ;) Very nice bike, John! :thumbsup:

Pat

I also downsized to a WeeStrom last year, a 2013 model. After 48 years of sport tourers, I wanted something lighter and able to do some off road duty but still capable of comfortable one up long distance highway riding. After research decided the Wee was what I was looking for. It is a compromise, not a dedicated dual purpose but an adequate "adventure" bike and hard to beat for the price.I live in British Columbia and spent 7 days in the interior exploring forestry roads, etc. last fall to get a feel for this type of riding. So far I have nothing but praise for the bike and am heading up to Alaska on it this year for three weeks.

Regarding height,I feel that changing suspension settings should be a last option as it changes a bikes factory set dynamics. Where I bought my bike, Suzuki offered a lower seat option and also contracted a person who carved the seat lower for a modest price. ($150)What I did after reading about it on a forum, was when you take the seat off you will notice four removable blocks which sit on the frame. They are approx 3/4" thick and I cut them down to approx 1/8" so still resting on the frame. I am 5'7" and can now put both feet flat on the ground.

Many lower the Strom with no problems. I've lowered my front about 5/8 inch, and the back approx 1 inch. I have since raised the back about 1/4 inch, which brings me to the suggestion you try the Soupy adjustable links. they are well made, and you can adjust it to any height in just a few mins, and they install real easy. If I plan to go off road, I can quickly raise it up for clearance. I've noticed no handling problems, and it will still carve turns with no problem. I have a Terry Adcox seat on the way, should be here tomorrow. Hoping it will give the extra comfort I need for the long hauls. Oh, Soupy also has an adjustable sidestand, which you may want if you lower the bike. Enjoy the bike!

Good choice, John. You are going to have yourself some fun! The RT is so special, but your Wee will solve problems while taking a much smaller bite out of your wallet.

Just a few Farkles that I love:

A cannister attached to the side case frame, holding a rag and chain oil.

Center stand

Aftermarket shocks

Congrats!

Love my 14

Wish I had the spoked wheels like you have.

I also ordered a Terry Adcock seat but mine won't be here till June.

Wish I was going to the UN so we could compare.

Enjoy the new ride!!!!! :thumbsup:

Kathy, I really like the canister idea.

If one canister is good....wouldn't two be better? I keep tools and roadside emergency stuff in the bottom one and a can of chain lube in the top one.

IMG_0885-1.jpg

Terry, do you have a source for those tubes or are they just PCV pipe?

They are both welding rod holders. You can get these at Harbor Freight for cheap, or the bigger one is available at any welding supply shop. They are water tight to protect the rods and very easy to mount to a rack.

Heck Terry if you would just chrome the end caps it would look like dual exhaust

Wouldn't that be a triple?

I always wanted an H2.........

See it tucked to the inside of the GIVI side case frame on the left. Holds a good size can of spray on chain lube and a diaper. Pop it up on center stand, on level ground. 1st gear and spray. Done in seconds. Ride another 300 - 600 miles and repeat. Your chain will take care of you.

i-jh8MFqs-M.jpg

i-VcWJgMf-M.jpg

Does anyone have a link for the Terry Adcox seat?

You have a PM

He doesn't have a website. Here is a facebook link: Terrys custom seats facebook page

And here is his email address: Terry's Custom Seats

Here is a link to some pics in the forum:

Stromtroopers Terry Adcock thread

He has a reputation for being completely honest and a straight shooter. I've talke with him several times on the phone, talked to his wife and traded emails. My seat should be done mid June. They want to know exactly what you want so you will be satisfied.

I told them a narrow nose, no forward slope towards the tank and a pocket for my rear.

Just plain good folks making a living by working hard and not charging an arm and a leg. $250 for the rider's part. Don't remember but I think it was either another $50 or $100 for both rider and passenger. Folks that have them, love them.

See it tucked to the inside of the GIVI side case frame on the left. Holds a good size can of spray on chain lube and a diaper. Pop it up on center stand, on level ground. 1st gear and spray. Done in seconds. Ride another 300 - 600 miles and repeat. Your chain will take care of you.

i-jh8MFqs-M.jpg

i-VcWJgMf-M.jpg

I see you painted over the yellow lettering. :grin: Makes it look not so much like it belongs on a tractor. :thumbsup:

I see you painted over the yellow lettering. :grin: Makes it look not so much like it belongs on a tractor. :thumbsup:

There was no yellow lettering on it. It was nice and plain, blending into the location with no muss or fuss.

Wow, here is what mine looks like.

142914517265.jpg

142914523423.jpg

142914527027.jpg

I guess I got the ones for Dummies who could not figure out how to remove the top????

Mine is suitable for hiding the wine ;)

If it was CO there would be a big pot leaf :)

Maybe the farmers around here don't need too many directions :grin:

Archived