BMS Custom Seats

DaveBass

Today the wife and I rode up to Ventura for a custom seat build by Rocky and Adrian at Bill Meyer Saddles. We we're treated extremely well, and after the fitting and test ride, Linda drove us to a restaurant for breakfast while the Italian leather was stitched on. Adrian and Rocky built us a great seat! It's obvious that they are not only craftsmen, but take pride in what they do. My RT is complete. Until the next farkle. And the next.....

Happy to hear that it worked out so well and that you were satisfied. Now where is that picture of the seat so we know you aren't just making it all up???? :grin::wave:

My RT was custom fitted by last owner with BMS leather saddles which were nicely crafted and look great, yet feel too hard for my cheekbones - even with solo sheepskin pad between. By comparison, OEM saddle on former 07 RT (with same sheepy) was much more compliant and comfortable while staving off dreaded Monkey Butt Syndrome longer. Curious what your own experience will be during 200+ mile rides...

I have over 10K miles on my Bill Mayer seat, 2014 RT. Several 1k + days. It is so much better than the stock seat. Much better total butt support and seat bones. Others may have a different experience but I really like my seat.

Bill_Walker

My RT was also fitted with a BMS saddle by the previous owner. After putting 60,000 miles on it, I'm starting to think it's time to get it redone with new foam set up for me. It does get a little hard on the seat bones after a couple hundred miles.

I had one custom made for me for my V-Strom (ride-in like the OP), and that one was always super comfy for me. I didn't put nearly as many miles on it, but it did do trips to Colorado, Torrey, and NorCal.

Archived