seat protection from sun

greenrider

Hi

I commute to work and was wondering what is a good product protect the seat from the sun. I use Armorall for everything else but it too slippery for the seat.

It NOT a leather seat.

Thanks in advance

A good cover will protect the seat, grips and many other things.

Just don't get a lightweight fabric one that disitigrates with a season of sun like I did.

If you must have a spray, 303 is probably as good a choice as any. I dropped a bunch of mula reupholstering my boat from a custom shop and they said 303 is the only stuff they will let touch their work. Made me swear up and down not to use anything else, ever.

Here is a link from Autogeek with some testimonial, but you should be able to find it locally or on Amazon. Grippier than Armor All, but not by a bunch.

[preach]Personally, I'd ditch the non-leather seat and get a leather seat. I'd never treat it, and let it wear out until it's time for another. The last thing I want is a pretty seat at the expense of one that grips.[/preach]

I made a cover for my seats out of Oil Cloth. It doesn't look good but it was inexpensive, water proof, and bird dropping proof.

Lone_RT_rider

[preach]Personally, I'd ditch the non-leather seat and get a leather seat. I'd never treat it, and let it wear out until it's time for another. The last thing I want is a pretty seat at the expense of one that grips.[/preach]

I second that. I have two Russel day long seats (one for the R1100RT and one for the R1200RT). The first one I had done in leather for the R1100RT. I did the second seat in griptex vinyl and I will never again get any seat of mine done in anything that will remotely slide even the slightest bit. :)

Shawn

Archived