IGNORED

2014 R1200RT LE Handlebar multi contoller.

Topaz

Hi. I have tried to reset the time on the dash display. Unfortunately all I have managed is change the language to German ! It seams that I am able to select the menu with the button with the lozenge symbol (favourite) and by pressing down am able to get the menu selections but I am unable to activate any change with the thumb wheel. It was working OK a few days ago but now I am unable to use it. I have tried all sorts of combinations of pressing this and that and no luck at all. The bike is having first service next week and I will hopefully have the problem sorted by the dealer. Has anyone else had this occur ? Any thoughts on what I can try ?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2014 R1200RT Handlebar multi controller.

Just to let you all know that the dealer found two faults with the left hand wheel

multi controller. Two electrical contacts were faulty. Changed under warranty. Now

works as it should and I don't need to go on a German language course to understand the menu selections. !!!

Rob.

Hello Rob

I am very surprised about this as I remember having seen a video where they checked all functionality as a final test.

Sounds like yours was faulty from the beginning.

I also thought that the dealer has to do a final check after assembly from shipment. I know mine did.

Never mind

At least it's fixed now.

Archived