IGNORED

Getting the most out of safety/skills course

blackyam

Hi, everyone. I just signed up for a Total Control Training class in June. I'm somewhat of a timid rider, but I thought it would be (could be) fruitful for me to push myself. Are there any tips for me to get the most out of this class? TIA.

---John.

Larry, I have a copy of the first edition. I read it a few years ago. I will take it down from the shelf and dust it off and read it again before June. Good advice. Thanks.

My biggest worry about the course is dropping my bike. If I can get through the day without dropping my bike, I will declare VICTORY and a good day.

---John.

• 2 months later...

Hi, everyone. I did the TCARC1 in Sac last Sunday. It was awesome! I learnt a lot, but don't feel that I have mastered anything ... just familiarization with only two or three tries at an exercise. Five tries would have been great.

I still don't have the "body off the bike and push the bike away from you" body position quite down. Funny, the first go at this exercise I scraped my foot peg, clearly indicating that I was not pushing the bike away from myself enough. I was pooped near the end of the day, and had a hard time concentrating in the Figure 8 ... wasn't quite making the transitions early enough.

Still, all in all, a great day. Am thinking I should repeat this course. Earl and Colleen were the instructors. They were excellent.

---John.

Archived