IGNORED

How to unlock a Verizon Galaxy S3?

doc47

So, I brought my nice Samsung Galaxy S3 over here and nobody can unlock it. I guess the Feds directed all the phone companies to help people unlock their phones but Verizon is not playing ball.

Anybody have experience with this? Any tools on the web for doing this? Or should I just give it to an enemy?

Not wanting to rain in your parade but:

Are you sure that your phone is compatible with your new provider system? Here in USA Verizon only works with Verizon, same thing with sprint. They use a special "flavor" of CDMA technology.

GSM phones from ATT Tmobile or other lower carriers are "portable" and can be put to work on a different carrier after unlocking. That is a whole another ball game.

An iPhone built for Verizon would not work anywhere else. Same for the Sprint one.

You can check that of course, but I'm pretty sure that is just like that.

Is the way the radio works

Good luck

Not wanting to rain in your parade but:

Are you sure that your phone is compatible with your new provider system? Here in USA Verizon only works with Verizon, same thing with sprint. They use a special "flavor" of CDMA technology.

GSM phones from ATT Tmobile or other lower carriers are "portable" and can be put to work on a different carrier after unlocking. That is a whole another ball game.

An iPhone built for Verizon would not work anywhere else. Same for the Sprint one.

You can check that of course, but I'm pretty sure that is just like that.

Is the way the radio works

Good luck

Say it ain't so, Joe!

DavidEBSmith

Appears Senegal uses the GSM cellular system, Verizon S3 runs on the CDMA system. Not going to work even if it's unlocked. Sell it on www.swappa.com and buy an unlocked GSM phone?

Archived