IGNORED

4-Star Pucker Power

John Ranalletta

Thank you for posting!

I am headed to Spain this August - However, don't think I will try the Caminito del Rey walk on this trip!

Dave McReynolds

As a former rock climber, nothing that he did looked particularly difficult, i.e. nothing that would be considered 5th class, the class where climbers generally use ropes. The drama is whether some of those old supports might give way, but even if they did, he might not die, if he had a good grip on the cable you see him holding with his hand most of the time. Not unlike the risk we accept that a front tire blowout or some other catastrophic failure might occur during a critical maneuver on our motorcycles.

As a former rock climber, nothing that he did looked particularly difficult, i.e. nothing that would be considered 5th class, the class where climbers generally use ropes. The drama is whether some of those old supports might give way, but even if they did, he might not die, if he had a good grip on the cable you see him holding with his hand most of the time. Not unlike the risk we accept that a front tire blowout or some other catastrophic failure might occur during a critical maneuver on our motorcycles.

'zactly, actually looks like it would have been quite a fun little walk.

The Rocketman

I read:

"Daniel Ahnen was killed in a tragic accident in India in 2011."

Daniel Ahnen was killed in a tragic accident in the mountains filming on the 18th of this month (2011)... Fell into a crevasse and they couldn't rescue him. So sad that this talented film maker is gone now.

TripleThreat

No thanks... Even watching the video gives me tingles in my dangly bits... No way I would take that walk, even after reconstruction...

I can fly, no problem... But, being up high, connected to something that is touching the ground snd looking over the edge of it freaks me out. The dude who did that video prior to reconstruction has a few screws loose...

Archived