Anybody knows what this is for?

Dann

I have what looks like an overflow hose near the side stand.

Anybody knows what it's for?

Hose_zpsjwp9xoc8.jpg

It seems to have a part number on it but I cannot find anything with this number in my ETC catalog.

Just curious...

Probably the fuel filler overspill drain...?

Possible, but I would be surprised to have a fuel overflow hose that close to the hot exhaust...

Afternoon Dann

Your picture shows the non emission bike. I am pretty sure the Canadian 1200 uses the emission compliant carbon canister (at least in the southern part of Canada).

To be sure-- open the fuel filler cap then find the little water drain hole in the fill plate, then squirt a good squirt of WD-40 into that hole & see where it comes out (should be that hose you picture).

You should flush that drain hole out about once a year anyhow as it passes through a metal tube in the pump pass through & they tend to rust up inside that small metal tube.

Afternoon Dann

Your picture shows the non emission bike. I am pretty sure the Canadian 1200 uses the emission compliant carbon canister (at least in the southern part of Canada).

To be sure-- open the fuel filler cap then find the little water drain hole in the fill plate, then squirt a good squirt of WD-40 into that hole & see where it comes out (should be that hose you picture).

You should flush that drain hole out about once a year anyhow as it passes through a metal tube in the pump pass through & they tend to rust up inside that small metal tube.

I have an '06 RT (Canadian bike) and it has no carbon canister. I don't know of any Canadian-spec BMW that has one, but it's always possible I suppose.

As for the "southern part of Canada", 80-90% of the Canadian population lives within 1-2 hours of the U.S. border, so we're pretty much all living in the "southern" part.

Archived