How do I get my music out of I- tunes

ltljohn

Time to consult the oracle.

My I pod is dying, I do not want to buy another just for music that I can put on my phone. Is there an easy way to get everything out of I tunes and into a format I can put on my phone?

Thanks in advance.

How big is your library? What kind of phone do you have? I am assuming you just need everything in mp3 format?

Between my wife and I we have a big library. Just to be clear we do not have Iphones we want to get all of our music out of Itunes and into our android phones. So I guess we want to convert it to MP3

This is why I never own apple devices. With a standard mp3 player or android device, files can be transfered easily between any device.

After digging a bit further my new LG phone will support AAC music files. I just have to get things transferred over, I hope.

After digging a bit further my new LG phone will support AAC music files. I just have to get things transferred over, I hope.

I'm interested in what you find out John, I have a lot of music on my IPOD Classic, I have a Mac and a Droid/phone.

Well that is interesting. That should make things easier if it works.

In the past, its been a PITA. Before '09 when Apple dropped the DRM restrictions, anything bought from iTunes (AAC) had to be burned to a CD to loose the security and then ripped back.

Anything bought from iTunes after '09 should easily convert to mp3 in iTunes. Everything else you might have is probably already mp3 or ripped from actually CDs that you own. All of those should convert easily.

Well that is interesting. That should make things easier if it works.

In the past, its been a PITA. Before '09 when Apple dropped the DRM restrictions, anything bought from iTunes (AAC) had to be burned to a CD to loose the security and then ripped back.

Anything bought from iTunes after '09 should easily convert to mp3 in iTunes. Everything else you might have is probably already mp3 or ripped from actually CDs that you own. All of those should convert easily.

I have purchased very little from I tunes. Most of what I had was ripped from CD, unfortunately the CDs were destroyed in a minor basement flood.

I have purchased very little from I tunes. Most of what I had was ripped from CD, unfortunately the CDs were destroyed in a minor basement flood.

Well you shouldn't need those if they are all in you iTunes library.

After a bit more digging it turns out that the google play app in the phone will work. You have to install google play music manager on your computer and transfer your music out of I tunes then you can make playlists etc and put them in your phone. The hardest part so far is transferring all the music. Lots of data to move.

Does your phone have a flash card in it? This makes things much faster, however, you should be able to plug the phone into the computer, and then use the copy to disc script, or the the old drag and drop method of moving LISTS to your phone. IMac and Droid Motorola worked, now doing the same with a Samsung Galaxy 5. Using Samsung Kies for Mac to have it mount as a drive. If you have the removable flash card, pop it out, and use a reader attached to the Mac for much faster movement of files.

Archived