roadway sabotage on Glendora Mountain Rd

upflying

I guess some sicko is pouring oil on the road to cause motorcyclists to crash. Keep an eye out for copycats, especially on the twisties.

Guest Kakugo
I guess some sicko is pouring oil on the road to cause motorcyclists to crash. Keep an eye out for copycats, especially on the twisties.

It has been in the news here, very often.

However 9 times out of 10 it turned out to be mere (albeit incredibly dangerous) carelessness on part of lorry and van drivers: they overfill the tank, don't lock the cap and just drive away. As the road gets steep and twisty, they leave a track of diesel fuel literally miles long. I have often wondered how much it would cost to fit a no-return valve on the neck of the tank: my 15-year old Honda has it, but it runs on gasoline, so no big deal.

On local twisties there was also the case of a lorry driver who kept pushing on despite his engine literally bleeding oil until he melted the thing. Luckily by the time I arrived police was already on the scene and had blocked the road. It was unbelieveable he didn't notice a thing given the amount of oil on the road: he must have run that rig literally dry. :P

He provided the plate number, Bob. Do you know if the local police department aware of this?

We experienced this by the 3 Sisters run in Hill Country Tx.

Locals told us to watch for corn on switchbacks.

We heard ambulances all weekend, and heard stories.

They said ranchers and locals in the hills hate hearing loud pipes that far from roads.

I think too loud is way past lame. loud is offensive and imposing.

Noise should reflect HP of everything and Hoglies would be meek.

I wouldn't want to live next to the road in many small towns we travel through , as many are favorite rides for making noise.

happy day

According to the City of Glendora, The CHP is investigating. LINK

Thanks for that link :thumbsup:

So, the article repeatedly quoted the police as asking the rider in the video to come forward. Hmmm.....

And in Bob's link someone claims to have run the plate numbers on the SUV through CarFAx report and come up with a local resident?

Would love to see the perp prosecuted for attempted murder. That might just scare the crap out of copycats. But they'll probably just give him a littering cite.

Archived