IGNORED

Planning a trip to Europe?

Marty Hill

Up until very recently shipping your moto to Europe cost about $1350 by boat and about $2300 by air. That's each way. Air Canada just announced that they will ship a moto by air for $700 each way if you fly on Air Canada to Europe and back. Probably another $100 in fees at each destination. I've booked a trip and thought their might be others who would take advantage of this great fare.

Up until very recently shipping your moto to Europe cost about $1350 by boat and about $2300 by air. That's each way. Air Canada just announced that they will ship a moto by air for $700 each way if you fly on Air Canada to Europe and back. Probably another $100 in fees at each destination. I've booked a trip and thought their might be others who would take advantage of this great fare.

Thanks Marty great info,

What did the get smart guy say? "Drat, missed it by that much"

we just booked a couple of bikes in Spain for a 30 rental and we are flying Air Canada. With having our bikes over there we could have stayed another month or 2 for the same overall cost.

Cheers

Great news. Where are you going?

From FRA southeast and down as far as Bosnia with friends. First time I've ridden with friends/probably see a bunch more this way. :dopeslap:

Going to end up in Belgium with another moto friend. Scotland and Ireland later this year if all goes well.

Thanks Marty great info,

What did the get smart guy say? "Drat, missed it by that much"

we just booked a couple of bikes in Spain for a 30 rental and we are flying Air Canada. With having our bikes over there we could have stayed another month or 2 for the same overall cost.

Cheers

Lester, I'd cx the rental and take you own. This is less $ than renting.

What a great tip, flying to Munich has just been made infinitely more feasible...kinda cringe though thinking about an air cargo guy strapping down a RT or GSA...perhaps a DR would be the better travel companion?

Jim, I've done it twice. They have done a great job. In Vancouver last time a couple of guys took it out of the crate and watched me hook up the battery and ride off.

Guest Kakugo
Great news. Where are you going?

From FRA southeast and down as far as Bosnia with friends. First time I've ridden with friends/probably see a bunch more this way. :dopeslap:

Going to end up in Belgium with another moto friend. Scotland and Ireland later this year if all goes well.

Why are you bothering with Bosnia? No offense meant but roads in those parts of the Balkans are variable quality to say the least. Some main roads have been completely rebuilt (not just overhauled) and are excellent, most are poorly maintained, lack guard rails etc. And most Croatian roads are often covered with a layer of sand/dust/grit that makes finding grip as hard as finding yield on financial markets. ;)

It's been almost 3 years since I rode in that area. I didn't remember the roads being that bad. In any event, I'll be riding in 8-10 other countries as well.

Hey Zoomy, still trying to get used to your being in tulsa, ok. All my chi town buds are fleeing the city. :wave:

Brian, I will and thanks. As to taking pics I will try to remember. I do enjoy the great pics some of you post.

You get to soooo many great places and I for one enjoy the opportunity to sorta share the experience.

Have a blast.

:wave:

Lone_RT_rider
......poorly maintained, lack guard rails etc. And most Croatian roads are often covered with a layer of sand/dust/grit that makes finding grip as hard as finding yield on financial markets. ;)

That's the criteria for a road not being good? Somebody tell Big-T he can't ride in West Virginia....NO....MO! :D

Guest Kakugo
......poorly maintained, lack guard rails etc. And most Croatian roads are often covered with a layer of sand/dust/grit that makes finding grip as hard as finding yield on financial markets. ;)

That's the criteria for a road not being good? Somebody tell Big-T he can't ride in West Virginia....NO....MO! :D

I use as a benchmark the Gorges d'Ardeche in France. There are better ones (nigh on perfect), but I understand that's setting the par too high. Like I usually do with women. ;)

Archived