IGNORED

Saddlebag Liners For R1200RT LC

Motors

As far as I can determine there are four candidates for saddlebag liners for the wet head RTs. They are:

BMW OEM: $324

Kathy's Bags: $130

RKA: $175

Cee Baileys: $99

The above prices are from their web sites and are the price per pair.

If anyone has any other saddlebag liner bags that are made to fit the new RT please add them to this thread. It is great to have options. Also if anyone has experience with any of these companies please add your comments for others to learn.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I bought my liners from Cee Baileys many years ago for my 98RT. I have used them with my 2004, 2006, and now my 2014RT. They are still in great shape.

I have the OEMs. Quality is high and features are nice. However, with the compartments and overall design, I found them to have less capacity than the ones in my old 2005 RT. I've seen the RKAs and while they are pretty basic, the price is right and it is more like an open sack, and thus seems to have greater capacity.

I purchased Cee Baileys for my 2005 Hexhead, which I now use on my 2014.

I originally ordered Kathy's bags, but never received them. After hunting them for a while, I gave up.

So me personally would be very reluctant to purchase Kathy bags, unless you can get them through a reputable 3rd party supplier.

I really like Kathy's top box soft bag, but as I said, just very reluctant to deal with them again.

I received Cee Bailey bags for Christmas and finally used them two weeks ago on a trip. Quality was good and they fit nicely in the side cases. As far as the company goes, I've ordered several items from them over the past year and a half and received my order promptly and was happy with the quality.

I ordered Kathy's a week ago and they showed up today. I live in Utah and they are Virginia. I couldn't really ask for any faster. Haven't even looked at them yet to I can't speak to much else.

I've had Kathy's bags for a couple years now, and couldn't be happier. Sturdy, well-made, good looking, and a perfect fit. Great products + highly recommended.

As far as I can determine there are four candidates for saddlebag liners for the wet head RTs. They are:

BMW OEM: $324

Kathy's Bags: $130

RKA: $175

Cee Baileys: $99

The above prices are from their web sites and are the price per pair.

If anyone has any other saddlebag liner bags that are made to fit the new RT please add them to this thread. It is great to have options. Also if anyone has experience with any of these companies please add your comments for others to learn.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Looked at the same ones a few months ago, and for me it narrowed down to RKA and Kathy's. Ended up buying Kathy's, since if you look at the material specifications, you will see that RKA said that they have a vinyl layer for waterproofing. I do not like vinyl, since they tends to be easily degraded, and that made the decision for me. I have to say that the quality of Kathy's bags are excellent.

Had the RKA's on my GSA, I really liked them. I just bought them for my '14 RT. Will have an opinion on the RT version after riding to Austin next month for MotoGP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived