IGNORED

Re: Wethead with Conti Attack tires

Skywagon

If your wethead came with Conti Road attacks....what kind of miles did you get before you changed them due to wear. Mine are at 4000, they look ok, but am about to do a 3500 trip. Historically on Michelin PR series I would go without changing as mileage generally greater than 12k....but not sure about these Conti's.

I now have 6200 miles on the Conti's. I bought a set of Bridgestones just to have for when I got back from my last trip. I was sure I would need them. But, I think there is several thousand more in the rear tire. The front is wearing wierd and I don't know how far it will go. Maybe 2-3k more? The Conti's are wearing better than I though they would.

I'm on my first set of Conti GTs. I ran PR4 GTs before but they got really hard to turn in once they were about 2/3 done. I ended up pulling them off early. How do the Contis hold up as far as turn in goes as the mileage goes up? Any experience with wet performance?

Marc

I have about 7k on mine and the rear is flat in the center. Also, the wet weather performance is decreasing as the front does not feel near as sure footed as it use to. I have a set PR4 GTs on the way. I have not liked the Contis that much.

Alan

I also have the Contis and while OK, I have not had the confidence of sure footing, especially in twisties, as I've had in the past with other tires on my 1100 and 1150 RT's. Not sure how to explain it, but just doesn't feel planted and it makes me a bit nervous to play hard.

Has anybody tried the Pirelli Angel Gt's? - especially with the "A" spec on the rear - vs the Conti's or PR4s?

• 2 months later...

Just got back from an 8,000 mile round trip, the Contis had done 11,000 miles by the end. They needed replacing but they lasted the distance

Archived