IGNORED

Top box and pannier storage

Yankee Lima

Yankee Lima

Hi all,

I wish to ride my RT (LC version) without top box and panniers. Storing them on my garage floor or similar is just asking for trouble esp. As the top box is mammoth both in size and cost. I have heard it rumoured that there is a company that markets some sort of bracket that allows the box to be stored securely on a garage wall. Multiple google searches have produced zilch.

Is anyone on here able to shed some light on this and point me in the direction of a supplier? I'd rather buy brackets than custom make some shelving.

Rgds

YL

Astonishingly quick response

Not if you are The Rocketman.

Well, it wasn't at the speed of light! :grin:

The Rocketman

Shoveling and blowing snow today slowed me down. I'll try to be quicker next time :)

Just double check that the year is correct for you.

There is another solution. Pull up this sold Fleabay listing and contact the owner to see if he has more. Again, check compatibility for year and model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1200RT-Pannier-Stand-Pannier-Givi-Helmet-Storage-K-Models-/131424186164?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e997def34&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=yENt2RP2%252FA3SCMHo9w3fQ8p7RFs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Shoveling and blowing snow today slowed me down. I'll try to be quicker next time :)

There is another solution. Pull up this sold Fleabay listing and contact the owner to see if he has more. Again, check compatibility for year and model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1200RT-Pannier-Stand-Pannier-Givi-Helmet-Storage-K-Models-/131424186164?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e997def34&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=yENt2RP2%252FA3SCMHo9w3fQ8p7RFs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Snow does hamper light transmissions. :wave:

Clever rack. I recently saw some racks that attached to the wall and allowed side cases to be stored. If I recall where I saw it I will post.

Dear RM.

Of course, that's where I saw them. :dopeslap::dopeslap::rofl:

As the advertisement used to say "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

The Rocketman

Got this from the Ebay guy yesterday:

Hi Larry. Yes, the Top Box still latches onto the top plate and the side mounts are attached to the frame for the Panniers. All pieces 'latch' and can be locked in position. The middle shelf was initially intended to store small items but most users found that it was as easy to store all items in the Top Box. It was an added expense that wasn't used much.

Thanks, Steve

- squaretech

I just put up a nice wide sturdy shelf on the garage and had the wife sew up some slick covers for mine from old flannel sheets. Keeps the dust off and their being on the shelf keeps them out of harms way.

Archived