IGNORED

Mr March

Boffin

Or who would have thought that I would be on a magazine cover...

OK, so it is the March edition of the Camping and Caravan Club magazine.

It all started a couple of weeks ago when a friend of mine, Sheila Kiggins, put out a cry for help on Facebook. She works as a journalist on the aforementioned magazine and was due to use herself and her bike in a feature on motorcycle camping. Then, with two days to go, she slipped on some stairs and badly bruised her coccyx. I volunteered myself and my 2002 R850RSE as models.

The day was interesting to me - dry, windy and very cold. But I donned my Gerbings and headed out to meet Sheila, a stills photographer and a videographer.

From the C&CC headquarters in Coventry, we headed off to the Burton Dassett hills, picturesque and high. Did I mention it was cold and windy. At least, unlike the other three, I had my Gerbings.

_AC_8305-L.jpg

"Checking my map" - the fact that I have GPS and that this was a car park at the end of a muddy track is not important.

After about an hour and many shots, we headed down to a nearby picturesque village, but the photographer/creative director, decided that the honey-coloured stone cottages detracted from the "open road" feel he was looking for, so no pictures were taken and we headed off to a quiet area where I was filmed from the back of Sheila's 2CV, with the videographer stood where the passenger seat would be, with his upper body sticking out of the sunroof. After this, he got onto the pillion seat for his first ever trip on a bike, holding a Very Expensive camera, filming over my shoulder, off the side of the bike and held low to shoot forward by the front wheel. Twenty minutes or so of this got some video in the bag - sorry I cannot share this with you guys, but if you happen to be a member of the UK Camping and Caravan Club with an iPad subscription it is on there.

The next section of the shoot involved riding up and down a section of road with some nice twists - about 12 times each way...

_AC_8317-L.jpg

_AC_8331-L.jpg

_AC_8372-L.jpg

_AC_8390-L.jpg

From there, it was on to one of the club's campsites where some arty shots were taken, together with a shot of the kit being carried. This kit belonged to Sheila, hence the rather girly wash-kit...

_AC_8434-L.jpg

_AC_8428-L.jpg

As these pictures were intended for a magazine, the composition allows for insertion of text, headlines etc.

There were several detail shots taken and many, many more similar to the above. If you are interested, the gallery can be seen Here.

At the end of the day, I had had great fun and was toasty warm - the others, without the benefit of heated clothing however were far from comfortable!

Andy

What a great opportunity!

After this, he got onto the pillion seat for his first ever trip on a bike, holding a Very Expensive camera, filming over my shoulder, off the side of the bike and held low to shoot forward by the front wheel.

A non rider on the bike, how fun for you. :/

_AC_8390-L.jpg

That shot makes it all worth it. Looking good, Andy.

Nice Andy,

At least this camping trip included a sleeping bag..... :grin::grin::grin:

Only thing missing from those photos was me and my bike accompanying you, something we will have to address :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you soon.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived