IGNORED

Does this make sense, or am I reading it wrong?

Patallaire

"IRS defends paying refunds to illegals who never filed taxes"

It appears that there is a section in the tax code that would allow a refund, based on retroactively getting a SS number for at least an earned income credit, even though the person had no reported income as they were here without papers and thus could not pay taxes or file a return!

Now without being political, where would those Billions of refunds come from?? {It is still winter}

Joe Frickin' Friday
"IRS defends paying refunds to illegals who never filed taxes"

Got a link?

The IRS has a three year statute so that's were the three years comes from but they would have to file a return to claim the refund since it is based on income and size of family. It's the best of both worlds for them. I they don't get a refund they just don't file. If they do they go ahead a file just to get the refund. Is this a great country or what.

"Now without being political..." Oh, okay then, as long as this isn't really political, I guess it's okay to discuss. I guess you just have to SAY it isn't political.

Dave McReynolds

While illegal aliens filing back tax returns to get the EITC is galling, it really pales in comparison with being able to file tax returns on into the future to get the same benefit. It would seem an easy fix: just pass a law saying that the EITC is only available to those in the country legally. There are already many categories of people who are prohibited from receiving the EITC; this would just be one more. All it would take would be cooperation among both parties in congress and the president!

While illegal aliens filing back tax returns to get the EITC is galling, it really pales in comparison with being able to file tax returns on into the future to get the same benefit. It would seem an easy fix: just pass a law saying that the EITC is only available to those in the country legally. There are already many categories of people who are prohibited from receiving the EITC; this would just be one more. All it would take would be cooperation among both parties in congress and the president!

Just today I listened again to the Eagles album Hell Freezes Over. :grin:

"Now without being political, where would those Billions of refunds come from?? "

Me.

And a few friends who file and pay taxes.

"Now without being political, where would those Billions of refunds come from?? "

Me.

And a few friends who file and pay taxes.

Not my taxes. I designate my taxes for use by the National Park Service Only. I sleep better at knowing where my tax money goes. :rofl:

I once did a stolen identity investigation involving a legal resident with a Hispanic surname.

Seems as if an illegal stole their SS number and obtained employment with it..claiming 15 exemptions..or no withholding.

The legal resident alien now got a nasty gram from the IRS demanding the unpaid income taxes on employment they never had.

Archived