IGNORED

r1100 rt rear brake pads

Peter Horrocks

Peter Horrocks

OK, having some problems here. Took the calliper off, cleaned up the pistons so they now actually move, but, and this is the stupid question, where about does the spring go and which way up. No matter what I do, it falls out when I try to put the pads in. And yes, I have the calliper up-side down as I put the pads back in i.e. the bleed nipple is pointing towards the floor, but as soon as after I have put the pin in to hold the pads and try to put the calliper back onto the disk, it goes goes wrong again! :dopeslap:

Evening Peter

First, look at the picture & make sure your spring has all the same little ears.

With caliper sitting as it goes back on bike the arrow on the spring points forward. (if you turn the caliper over to load parts keep spring arrow direction in mind)

-r1100rt-rear-caliper-brake-spring_zpsnx36di9h.jpg

Peter: One more thing. With age the little tabs that hold the spring in place may break off. Also, check the condition of the pin; if it's pitted/rusted, replace it. The pin, spring, and retaining clip are sold as a package. Not inexpensive, but replacing pads and a disc rotor costs far more.

Peter Horrocks
Peter: One more thing. With age the little tabs that hold the spring in place may break off. Also, check the condition of the pin; if it's pitted/rusted, replace it. The pin, spring, and retaining clip are sold as a package. Not inexpensive, but replacing pads and a disc rotor costs far more.

Yes they are corroded so new kit ordered. Thanks everyone.

Archived