IGNORED

Enough Already Hill Country Ride

Bill1100

That looks like a group we should be hanging out with! Nice shots, and looks like you all had a great time. Can you stick some names with these faces?

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 03-10-2002).]

Note how all the winter-folk reply? This gives me an idea. What we need is some sort of program for people who live where winter strikes. The winter-folk could sponsor a warmclimie. Something like this.

For only $.50 a day you could help another rider ride more when you can't. In return your adopted warmclimie would send you a personal monthly status report, where they've been, what they've done... You can see how *your* sponsorship is actually making a difference in the life of another rider! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Sure beats learning TV/VCR repair...or getting your degree...

Seriously tho, Looks like a great time!

OK, OK... I went back and labled all the pictures.

Anyway, we had a perfectly splendid time laughing about the hosers up north freezing their buns off while we were enjoying ourselves. The Texas Hill country offers some of the best roads and scenery in this part of the country if not the entire country. I put 880 miles on my RT from noon Friday till about 5:30pm Sunday. Not bad considering all the time we spent eating.

I knew the DFW guys from many previous rides, but had not met the folks from the Austin area. Everyone was great, funny, and terrific riders. We left lots of sidewall rubber on the curves down there and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope everyone got home safe.

We are going to plan a North Texas ride which will actually take place in eastern Oklahoma and western Arkansas sometime this spring. The reason this ride will not actually take place in North Texas is because there is nowhere good to ride in North Texas. We'll do the Talimena Scenic Byway and ride through the Ouchita Mountains and find a whole bunch of good restaurants. Ride, Eat, repeat...

I was part of the Dallas contingent and my speedo read 980 by the time we got back to Dallas (with almost 400 of those on the Sunday push back).

As Bill, Brian and Steve have already said, the roads were simply incredible/amazing/whatever and for the most part, virtually deserted. (Think 2 days of being on 60 to 90 mph roller coaster...some 90 to 180 degree turns with rock on one side and dropoffs on the other...25 to 30+ mph sidewind on ridgetops...) We went past game ranches with kangaroo, emu, antelope, a camel, saw a ranch with several log cabins in various stages of restoration, had fresh apple pie that was 3" thick, etc., etc. I'll post photos and more details later, but needless to say, everyone went home with new friends and grins that aren't going to fade for a long, long time.

Again, MAJOR thanks go to Steve McKinney in Austin for being the catalyst for the "Enough Already Tour '02." And to quote SSLIZ, YEEEE-HAAAAW.

FLIronButtRider

This weekend was truly amazing. I felt ashamed for living in central TX and never making it out to the area where we rode. The views were awe-inspring and the roads exhilarating to say the least! Lyn and I managed just over 700 miles and we live here so you all can imagine the mileage done by the DFW crowd. It was great to finally put faces with names and to get to know folks on a more personal basis than the internet. Not shown in the pictures were Bruce from San Antonio, Polo from Austin, and Ron & Jenny from Ft. Worth. There were quite a few of us and I'm sure we all had a blast. I'm looking forward to the next ride planned by the TX Posse!

------------------

Michael Cortes

2000 R1100RT-His

2001 R1100RL-Hers

1988 NT650 Hawk-Ours

Yeeha! Stephen

quote:

Originally posted by Jake:

That looks like a group we should be hanging out with! Nice shots, and looks like you all had a great time. Can you stick some names with
p><p><P>Friday night dinner table included (clockwise from the left):<P>Eric Rullan, Brian McGauley, Byron Lawrence, Bill Rich, Steve McKinley, Steve
You can see a "Better" picture of Lyn in one of the other shots. Dare we give her a new Handle? Ummmm... How about "Pie Hole" Lyn? Really though, she rides a mean 1100R and never cut a break on "The Boys".

Yeeha!

alt='shooter.gif'>

Stephen

Charter Member "Pie-Town Crew"

'02 1150RT Redhead

[This message has been edited by sslisz (edited 03-14-2002).]
Yeeha! Stephen

quote:

Originally posted by RTrider:

Lyn and I managed just over 700 miles and we live here so you all can imagine the mileage done by the DFW crowd.

I rolled into the garage with 1037 mi. for the trip. Averaged 42 mpg with a high of 45 on one tank and 40 on one of the others. Guess the low one was when I was trying to stay with you, Steve, Bill, and Eric through those 100 mph sweepers.

Yeeha!

shooter.gif

Stephen

Charter Member "Pie-Town Crew"

'02 1150RT Redhead

[This message has been edited by sslisz (edited 03-14-2002).]

FLIronButtRider

Pie Hole? HAHA!!! I love it! Perfect for a woman who doesn't know when to stop talking. I can't wait to tell her...thank goodness it wasn't my idea!

------------------

Michael Cortes

2000 R1100RT-His

2001 R1100RL-Hers

1988 NT650 Hawk-Ours

It's great to put old names to new faces. Nice to "see" you all.

But, the real tug on my heart strings came when I saw the gaggle of RT's parked under the tree in the shade. Reminded me of a great ride I had last year and how badly I want the riding season to begin again.

Thanks for posting and sharing. My $.50 is in the mail for December 2002. wink.gif

------------------

"Paper Butt"

2002 R1150RT

1994 Springer Softail

Chi-Town Crew Never argue with a woman holding a torque wrench in her hand

I got back from Sweden on Saturday evening... not back 5 minutes and I get a call from RTrider letting me know that the group will be in Luckenbach about 11:00 on Sunday. As Luckenbach is my favoriate place to ride to.. and it's just right next to Austin (Well.. 9 miles(in RT miles)as I figure 10 car miles is equal to one RT mile).. I scooted on over and met everyone. Pretty cool seeing all of the BMW's lined up in a row. Really enjoyed meeting, although way to quickly, everyone and glad to hear everyone made it back OK. Looked like everyone was having a good time.

Now, I really liked that K bike! Good looking ride!

------------------

Bill Hoch

02 Dark Blue R1150RT

Well, I guess I've been lurking long enough...

What an awesome weekend. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces with the names I've seen on this bbs for over a year now. Really a fun bunch!

Steve, fantastic job organizing, route planning, leading the ride, and picking out eating establishments! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to set this up.

Ride safe,

Eric

My apple pie and apple butter arrived today. The pie was just as good, but not as much fun as eating it in Medina. Now that I know their online ordering works so well, I'm going to occasionally order business gifts from them. Good pie...Yummmm

• 3 weeks later...
  • ccolson changed the title to If you need to take immediate action, what do you do ?

Archived