IGNORED

A couple of easy question from a newbie regarding my 2003. 1150RT

BMW LakeGuy

Good Day,

I noticed my left hand clutch lever has a brake style hydraulic reservoir and what looks like a brake line. How does this work with the clutch???

I checked the plugs and they have 2 ground electrodes. Is this the dual spark that I have read about? I believe it helps with the " surge " issues I have read about.

I have yet to ride my new to me bike as there is still a bit snow kicking around but soon!

Afternoon Bill

I noticed my left hand clutch lever has a brake style hydraulic reservoir and what looks like a brake line. How does this work with the clutch???--- The hydraulics at the hand lever force a piston in the slave cylinder on rear of transmission to push on a push rod running through the trans input shaft & that disengages the clutch. (works pretty well like a cable set-up but instead uses fluid)

I checked the plugs and they have 2 ground electrodes. Is this the dual spark that I have read about? I believe it helps with the " surge " issues I have read about.---NO, those are JUST dual electrode spark plugs. In a dual spark engine there are 4 spark plugs in the engine. (2 on each side).

Archived