IGNORED

1150 spline failure poll results (ended 2/28/15)

dirtrider

1150RT%20spline%20failure%20poll_zps1wamhzfs.jpg

Here are the results of the 1150_ 6 speed spline failure polls.

It has been brought up numerous times that more 2002 1150RT's were sold than other years so this should even the playing field somewhat as there were definitely more combined 2003-2005's sold than the 2002 model year alone.

Definitely not conclusive but should be somewhat of an indicator anyhow.

The "OTHERS" poll has ended this morning but the "MY OWN FAILURE" will continue to run in the archives here for some time yet.

As people search the Internet for 1150 related spline failures hopefully they will stumble across the poll & keep adding to it therefor increasing it's accuracy.

My hope is that once the thing gets buried in the archives it will keep gathering data with it's accuracy increasing with age.

So I will try to dig it up every once in a while & update the results here.

• 2 weeks later...

Begs the question how should you look after the splines?

- No aggressive acceleration?

- No extreme engine breaking?

- How often should the splines be lubricated (imagine this is a significant undertaking)?

Should there subsequent questions of mileage and maintenance regime? Putting the failure into context.

My tuppence worth :)

This post is not for comments. Plenty of other threads to do that on otherwise it will get diluted. It'd be great if the Admin could lock it out so just results could be posted.

Begs the question how should you look after the splines?

- No aggressive acceleration?

- No extreme engine breaking?

- How often should the splines be lubricated (imagine this is a significant undertaking)?

Should there subsequent questions of mileage and maintenance regime? Putting the failure into context.

My tuppence worth

Just never let the clutch out with the engine operating..... :cry:

Archived