IGNORED

1999 R1100RT Battery swop

DAVE.C

I've just been browsing in the other sections and read a topic on changing a battery on the 1200, my question is do I have to do a relearn procedure on my 1999 R1100RT?

I'm thinking of dropping a new one in soon as this one is over five years old according to the original owner. It's always been kept on an optimate, and still is with me. Can't imagine its performing at its best now at that age, ive not tested it though as I'm a complete numpty with anything electronic.

• 2 months later...
freebird6

Searched using google and local search. Any step by step youtube or guide on an R 1100 RT? Trying to decide whether to do it on the WIFE'S bike or take it over to Lithopolis and just get it done.

szurszewski

To replace the battery?

Remove seat, remove left mirror pod, remove left body panel, remove old battery, put in new battery, test it, replace panel, replace mirror, replace seat, ride.

Michaelr11
To replace the battery?

Remove seat, remove left mirror pod, remove left body panel, remove old battery, put in new battery, test it, replace panel, replace mirror, replace seat, ride.

Yes, very easy - before you can remove the battery you will have to lift the airbox cover and then lift the air snorkel out of the way... then you R&R the battery.

Archived